I'm pretty sure many of my problems are gone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspalas

Reaction score
As I always say, I'm not a frequent visitor here, but I just wanted to let anyone who remembers me know that I'm doing better now.

Just to sum it up; I always felt like I was worth nothing. My parents divorced last year, my dad threatened me, my mother and my brother with comitting suicide a couple of times. I've been in love with a girl who doesn't want me (I think, altho it was very vague) for 2 years. My friends sucked, I didn't feel like I had any friends actually.

Well, my parents are doing better, altho my dad is still a bit weird and I do worry about him every once in a while. I went to a great art school and I absolutely love it. The people are great, some are very much like me, actually. I've made a lot of new friends there, and also last year I've made a couple of friends who turned out great, I really feel like I'm part of something now. I waved my old friends goodbye, screw them. Don't care about anyone of them either.

But the thing that I think hurt me the most is gone too; I don't think I love this girl anymore. I haven't seen her for a long time, I do speak to her occasionally, but the longing is gone. I don't think about her that much anymore. I don't crave as much as I used to. Sometimes I woke up after a dream in which she would be my girlfriend or whatever, and believe me (some of you probably know), that's one of the worst feelings anyone could ever have. But it's gone. After 2 long years, I actually am "interested" in other girls. I'm not in love with anyone, but I do feel like I can finally "move on".

So that's pretty much it. I feel better overall (altho not as good as I'd like, but definitely better than before). Sometimes I even find myself smiling while walking down the street or whatever, for no reason at all, and that always makes me realise how much happier I am than before. I hope everyone who feels horrible right now will experience this too.

I remember you and the things you were going through. I'm glad to hear this. Wishing you all the best. :)

aspalas said:
As I always say, I'm not a frequent visitor here, but I just wanted to let anyone who remembers me know that I'm doing better now.

Just to sum it up; I always felt like I was worth nothing. My parents divorced last year, my dad threatened me, my mother and my brother with comitting suicide a couple of times. I've been in love with a girl who doesn't want me (I think, altho it was very vague) for 2 years. My friends sucked, I didn't feel like I had any friends actually.

Well, my parents are doing better, altho my dad is still a bit weird and I do worry about him every once in a while. I went to a great art school and I absolutely love it. The people are great, some are very much like me, actually. I've made a lot of new friends there, and also last year I've made a couple of friends who turned out great, I really feel like I'm part of something now. I waved my old friends goodbye, screw them. Don't care about anyone of them either.

But the thing that I think hurt me the most is gone too; I don't think I love this girl anymore. I haven't seen her for a long time, I do speak to her occasionally, but the longing is gone. I don't think about her that much anymore. I don't crave as much as I used to. Sometimes I woke up after a dream in which she would be my girlfriend or whatever, and believe me (some of you probably know), that's one of the worst feelings anyone could ever have. But it's gone. After 2 long years, I actually am "interested" in other girls. I'm not in love with anyone, but I do feel like I can finally "move on".

So that's pretty much it. I feel better overall (altho not as good as I'd like, but definitely better than before). Sometimes I even find myself smiling while walking down the street or whatever, for no reason at all, and that always makes me realise how much happier I am than before. I hope everyone who feels horrible right now will experience this too.

Glad to hear you are more happy.

I think most of us have been thru a similar situation, we 'love' someone and they don't feel the same. Hopefully if it happens again, it won't take you 2 years to get over it.

Latest posts

Back