Moving...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDude76

Reaction score
Hi,

Just curious... have any of you been in a position where you would consider relocating, if there were no compatible men/women in your locale?

The Dude

I wouldn't move just because of that.

I should have included background info: have never been in a relationship, dated a ton of women, have lived here eight and a half years. I've tried joining social groups, online dating, etc. No dice. I'm 37, and doubting very much that I will ever be in a relationship. All the things I'd hoped to enjoy in life... I don't enjoy them at all. Suffice it to say I feel stuck.

I find it hard to believe that you've dated *ALL* the women in the area.

If you think a change in scenery would be good for your mental health though, then go for it. Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

Having relocated twice, i can only advice you to really consider it before actually doing it, especially if you have close friends in your current location. It was the relocations that actually brought about my loneliness, since i left my good friends behind and didnt really manage ro make new ones in the new locations. I guess what i am trying to say is, really consider everything that you leave behind, not just the women, and if you see that you will be better off, i say go ahead and do it.

I can honestly say if were to go somewhere really small with a tiny population and had a decent job you'd likely pick up a woman easier. My area for instance, very small community. New people who move in tend to get snapped up because the population isn't all that diverse and new people are a welcome sight. The new person is the sought after one usually. When I was in school a new and decent enough person who was willing to try for a relationship often got into a relationship rather easily.

I figure that it's one of my personality traits, but I prefer to live away from everyone else to seek solitude and a peaceful environment. Suffice to say I wouldn't move just because there are no available partners in the area. On a side-note, I would like to meet the love of my life somewhere random instead of my own environment.

No matter how small a town you live in, there are many women. Unless you completely clash ideology/lifestyle wise with your entire town I wouldn't even consider it.

I don't spend all my time in front of the TV/computer, and I don't spend every other night in a bar, so yeah, my ideology/lifestyle clashes with my entire town. It's really that bad. I tend to be outdoorsy, and there are tons of folks here who pose with their hiking boots and Tibetan hats and hang out at Eastern Mountain Sports (sporting goods store), but I never see these folks outdoors. I've been to Portland and to San Diego, and folks there seem to make a priority of getting outside and having fun. Very few do that here.

Latest posts

Back