You know you're getting old when

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzinsky

Reaction score
Lets see how many people can finish the sentence?

You know you're getting old when one of your favorite comedians is younger than you.

And off we go!

You know you're getting old when you remember when this was all this was 8bit :p

You know you're getting old when you mention something about the Iran-Contra affair and someone says....

Who are they?

I don't remember it personally, I think it's more US history than UK history

On a similar note, you know you're getting old when you mention 9/11 and they say "Oh I wasn't alive then"

The person you're talking to about movies hasn't heard of Robocop.

True story.

jzinsky said:
Who are they?

I don't remember it personally, I think it's more US history than UK history

On a similar note, you know you're getting old when you mention 9/11 and they say "Oh I wasn't alive then"

Just a little copy and paste for a teeny bit of the history behind it for anyone who might be interested.

The Iran-Contra affair was a political scandal revealed in 1986 as a result of earlier events during the Reagan administration. It began as an operation to improve U.S.-Iranian relations, wherein Israel would ship weapons to a moderate, politically influential group of Iranians opposed to Ayatollah Khomeni; the U.S. would reimburse Israel with those weapons and receive payment from Israel. The moderate Iranians agreed to do everything in their power to achieve the release of six U.S. hostages, who were being held by Hezbollah. The plan eventually deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages, without the direct authorization of President Ronald Reagan.[1][2] Large modifications to the plan were conjured by Lt. Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985. In North's plan, a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or ''Contras'', in Nicaragua.[3] While President Ronald Reagan was a supporter of the Contra cause,[4] he did not authorize this plan, nor was he aware that the funds were being sent to the Contras.

You know all the answers, but nobody asks you questions

nerdygirl said:
you groan to sit down, groan to get up, groan to reach over, etc! Oh, my aching bones.

You know I didn't think you was old enough to do that. Although tbh I didn't think you was old enough to drink in the US...

You know you're getting (too) old when you look at a girl and think "she must be cold."

Only works for males though. Or lesbians.

jzinsky said:
nerdygirl said:
you groan to sit down, groan to get up, groan to reach over, etc! Oh, my aching bones.

You know I didn't think you was old enough to do that. Although tbh I didn't think you was old enough to drink in the US...

My dear, I am older than you... not sure what made you think I was young?

nerdygirl said:
jzinsky said:
nerdygirl said:

My dear, I am older than you... not sure what made you think I was young?

*shrug*

you know you're getting old when you're the only one that ever tries to initiate playing frisbee, and then only to find out you're the only one that can throw a frisbee.

Latest posts

Back