Why does getting into a relationship seem to happen automatically for some people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete528

Reaction score
I just don't understand why some relationships seem to manifest on their own for some people? I used to believe it was something that happened on it's own eventually.

P.S.

By the way, I'm new here.

Welcome to the forum

I guess those people just find each other and click, for some we have to work a little harder to find that person.

I had the same belief as you, but I think it comes directly with putting yourself out there. I never did much, and as a result it never really happened. Thinking back I have had a fair amount of chances to make things happen but I was always too scared, too awkward, or just not interested. The last several years I just stopped trying completely. I don't meet new people, mostly because I isolate myself and don't even try.

Living like that, how can I expect anything to happen. Most people live life, and give themself that chance and opportunity.

Honey sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be. Nothing is perfect, if anyone says otherwise they are fibbing :) Others are just better at hiding it.

hello, welcome to the forum! :)

I know what you mean, this woman I know, is not yet separated from her husband and already she got the only decent available guy in our circle. I will never understand how some people are never without a partner, how it works, someone should explain that.

Peaches said:

I know what you mean, this woman I know, is not yet separated from her husband and already she got the only decent available guy in our circle. I will never understand how some people are never without a partner, how it works, someone should explain that.

Yes, I was glad to help her out, we clicked, and it is true that I was the only decent guy in the circle--the others were unavailable or too shy. I must admit, I'm very happy.

Those who are attractive and possess a certain level of charisma have fewer barriers to overcome.

rdor said:
Those who are attractive and possess a certain level of charisma have fewer barriers to overcome.

It's true... scientifically proven... being attractive alone is enough to give you a huge edge in life, you'll get better jobs, be paid more, people will be nicer to you...

add a decent personality and charisma and then life gets easy...

it's easy to see what's on the outside... hard to see what's on the inside.

Batman55 said:
Peaches said:

Yes, I was glad to help her out, we clicked, and it is true that I was the only decent guy in the circle--the others were unavailable or too shy. I must admit, I'm very happy.

LOL, never thought that was you Batman :p

By the way, this lady (sorry Batman) is not that attractive by current standards, a bit overweight, premature white hair, very plain clothes, it's all in the attitude

Because it does almost seem automatic. It's surprising (strange, unnerving) seeing how quickly some people click, going from strangers to soul mates living in each other's pockets. It's as if the slow getting to know you phase is what happens these days when people want to keep their options open.

lostatsea said:
rdor said:

It's true... scientifically proven... being attractive alone is enough to give you a huge edge in life, you'll get better jobs, be paid more, people will be nicer to you...

add a decent personality and charisma and then life gets easy...

it's easy to see what's on the outside... hard to see what's on the inside.

true but it's not politically correct to say that !

my interpretation is that some people are more "mainstream" than other, have ideas, habits, opinions, for which it is more easy to find a match. If for instance you sleep during the day and stay up at night or you believe that the aliens are among us (or, like me, are forced to eat brown rice half of the time), just to make some examples, it is less easy to find someone who understands you and wants to share your life.

Peaches said:
my interpretation is that some people are more "mainstream" than other, have ideas, habits, opinions, for which it is more easy to find a match. If for instance you sleep during the day and stay up at night or you believe that the aliens are among us (or, like me, are forced to eat brown rice half of the time), just to make some examples, it is less easy to find someone who understands you and wants to share your life.

What about you? Do you sleep during the day and stay up at night? Do you believe aliens are among us?

The way i see it, some people are insecure and afraid to live with themselves to the point that they feel that they need to constantly be with someone to fill the void in their lives. I know people who endure horrible relationships for years on end because they prefer suffering with someone than be alone.

Batman55 said:
Peaches said:

What about you? Do you sleep during the day and stay up at night? Do you believe aliens are among us?

LOL :D no, the aliens are not my concern, but I do believe that global warming will destroy us all very soon :p What about you? We need a new thread: "what in you puts people off"

Pete528 said:
I just don't understand why some relationships seem to manifest on their own for some people? I used to believe it was something that happened on it's own eventually.

I guess I just did not realize how difficult it is to find a partner.

Another thing that's so interesting is how all of a sudden it became an issue for me. I didn't care about dating at all when I was still in school.

Because it does, in a way. The people generally don't really focus no finding one, and then it just happens.

-Sai- said:
Because it does, in a way. The people generally don't really focus no finding one, and then it just happens.
If that's the case, I should've had quite a few relationships by now. I highly doubt that it just happens. The thing is, you shouldn't be so hung up on finding one that you get desperate.

Latest posts

Back