Paper Project (plus a personal story)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senamian

Reaction score
First off... One thing I would like to share is why I had stuck with art throughout the years... Sure passion and creativity are two components... But without inspiration from someone important, there would have been no road to go down.

This inspiration came from a person who received the last real art piece I have done; two years ago. I grew up with her; concured fears because of her; and overall became a better person because of her. I helped her with her children, my niece and nephew, and kept her company on days she could not muster the strength to get out of bed.

Despite her condition she did not once complain. She would not ask for help; but would not refuse it. She was the one who always offered to help... Who would always let you rant, vent, cry and talk without the fear of criticism. Though not flesh and blood my sister in law was more than family could ever be; more than any friend could be.

Because of her genetic disease, she worried no one knew when she smiled - but if you really knew her you could see it... As the soul lies behind the eyes, not the lips. She was treated badly, allowed to feel her worth was less than that of other people... But that wasn't true; especially to me.

I wish I had a picture of it for you... I will try to get one if I can... The final art piece I made was of her, for her. With only words describing her as the lines of the drawing, it was made at 2 in the morning after my mom had drilled it into my head that she was NOT coming back; she was not coming home. She was waiting to die in the hospital... When we went to see her she valued that drawing so much...

On a Thursday I received a text from my mom, saying that she had passed Tuesday afternoon. It didn't really hit until I made it to work, and my manager took one look at me and I broke down. I was off work for a week.

No one talks about her anymore. It's like they are all afraid to. Everyone assumed I would not have taken her death so hard; but I took it worse then most of them.

A lot of the artwork you will find on my other thread, were all made 2-5 years ago. So many times I have beaten myself up about the fact that I was bringing shame to the promise I made her to NEVER give up on my art...

A while ago I had made a paper dress as a unique project for school fashion class... The teacher kept it to present to new students. I would like to make another; at home and without pressure. And I would like to share the progress with you. It's going to be freestyle, with origami, sewing, beading, etc...
1zf5r8g.jpg

Senamian.. reading that just broke my heart *hugs* :\
May her soul rest in peace.. and it may have been 2 years now, it's not too late to keep your promise to her, don't you think so? :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have someone like you who cared for her and helped her. The best way to keep her memory alive and to connect to her again is through her children. Don't be afraid to share positive stories with them about their Mother, help her live inside them by keeping her memory alive. I wish I had that chance with my best friend's son. She died when he was six months old and his father moved away with him and won't even answer calls from any of her family or friends. He'll never know his mother, who she was or hear her stories. His father remarried right away so she'll never be spoken of. That's just the kind of man he is unfortunately.

So you have a unique chance to help them remember her. If you loved her that's the best thing you can do to show it :(

we actually do have videos of her, which I am the only one able to go through them eith either kid. (even then I might not be able to lol...)

at the funeral my niece didnt believe it was her mother's funeral. so she had to be shown the open casket (nephew is too visusl that it would do worse). the one thing I remember is when she comes running up to me and says "I saw mommy!" before she went to sit down, she pauses and says "they shouldnt have closed her mouth." to her she did not look real right away... because no one has seen her with her mouth closed due to the disease.

so the progress on the dress is slow, as it is a lot of folding lol. I have a mannequin (older) to use as a base. obviously it will not fit me (pregnancy and it's... perks....) , but realistically it will be made "wearable".

there may be a delay in an update due to having to keep an eye on the kitten because *somebody* injured her foot with the darling tough love approach when she was in the way... (NOT impressed). hopefully just a sprain...

So an update for anyone actually following this... I am using my phone to post because my laptop died (all well...). though the kitten only got a sprain so no expensive vet visit for us!

A picture of what I am doing... This is maybe 2% of what I need to do.
2iiykoj.jpg

These are needed to make:

2irvj46.jpg

Which are basically panels for what will be the bust/top of the paper dress.

^Awesome! I never know how to fold paper hearts :\ a girl once gave it to me before she graduated from school and I was so intrigued by it. :p

I can show you. This one is easy and doesnt require a buttload of tape like some designs lol :)

You will need a rectangular piece of paper.

sg7akg.jpg

Fold away from you, twice so the folded edges are towards you
2r44v87.jpg

2iboupf.jpg

Fold lengthwise in half and unfold to make a crease to find the center. Then fold as such:

5txweq.jpg

Do the same for the other side then flip over.

244s6m1.jpg

Use your fingernail to hold a spot on the inside of one side, and fold the side in as a triangle. Do the same for the other side making sure the bottom corner of the triangle is asymmetrical to the other triangle's bottom corner.

35ylj.jpg

Fold down the top, to tuck into the back fold. Keep part of the triangle's curve in view (for the heart's curve). Do the same for the other side.

10x8qi9.jpg

otd8ck.jpg

And done!

25i53k0.jpg

You can use a dab of glue on the inside or a small piece of tape on the back to keep it closed.

2e5r6zq.jpg

That is about 100... And I have about 8 more newspapers to cut up and fold LOL. I won't do all hearts, but I still have to make more to layer the top.

Too long! Lol :) if you estimate each one to be one minute (includes the time to glue and press to keep its shape)....

rms0vo.jpg

Whew! I still have the small stack of papers... Which is like... Under a hundred? Maybe? Hopefully... Lol :) then I can work on putting them together to create the top front piece.

You should totally share a pic of it after you have put them together to create the top front piece. :)

Of course! :p I have to set up the mannequin lol... After sweeping/vacuuming up the dog hair -_- I could have made a fur coat at this rate lol!

Sorry I have not updated, I have been semi busy with other crap lol. I'm going to be pulling out my "lovely" blue mannequin ;)

Senamian said:
Sorry I have not updated, I have been semi busy with other crap lol. I'm going to be pulling out my "lovely" blue mannequin ;)

No worries. Yay!

Latest posts

Back