Being physically weak doesn't mean the end of the world right?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
I'm always excluded and left out from school sport competitions. It was just a typical physical education class in which team of 4 students were playing basketball. 4 is relatively low number, but i got totally excluded by my classmates AS ALWAYS. They would never pass the ball to me or give me a chance to throw the ball. They always take every single match so serious. It is not a competition, but they take every single match so serious and desperate to win. Personally i think the most important thing is to have a fun and besides those matches are just practical and good for out health. How much I try, I just could play well and it is so frustrating. I didn't grow up playing basketball or football. I was pretty introvert child, playing lego alone at home. Also I'm very skinny. My classmates are athletic and bigger than me. We've been studying together for several years, What is wrong with supporting your classmate who is not good at sports. What's wrong with giving a chance?I was following the crowd as if I'm their shadow. I missed the ball and a guy from my class kicked me. I got watery eye :(. They're horrible ! I hate high school

Keep a knife with you. If someone kicks you, poke their eyes out :D. no jk it will get you in more trouble.

There is nothing wrong with you. They are just jerks. You are prolly betr off without them. DO NOT let them make you feel inferior.

Hang up a heavy bag in the garage or wherever. Hit the bag at least three times a week. Work on proper technique, & speed & force will follow soon enough. Don't get fancy: Just do the basics, jabs, crosses, hook punches, knee strikes. Keep it up for three months, then send me a note.

Sports suck. Not everyone is good at them, and not everyone should be.

Find new friends, who are more interested in intellectual stuff, and just chalk those bad friends up to bad experiences.

I always prayed to be left out of physical activities, sucked at sports. There are more fun things to do than sports especially if you aren't good at them. Being athletically adapt isn't as big a deal anymore, geeks rule the world.

Hello Bebeskii, these people who scold you over such minor things, try to keep your distance from them, you don't have to be a pro at school sports, I'd suggest training in a martial art or kung fu is a good option, it'll keep you healthy and learn you skills that others will not know.

This is exactly the kind of reason I don't care for team sports. Single competitor sports is a different matter, success depends on YOU

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Sports suck. Not everyone is good at them, and not everyone should be.

Find new friends, who are more interested in intellectual stuff, and just chalk those bad friends up to bad experiences.

okay thanks

The One said:
Hello Bebeskii, these people who scold you over such minor things, try to keep your distance from them, you don't have to be a pro at school sports, I'd suggest training in a martial art or kung fu is a good option, it'll keep you healthy and learn you skills that others will not know.

That's a really good idea. Thanks :)

jzinsky said:
This is exactly the kind of reason I don't care for team sports. Single competitor sports is a different matter, success depends on YOU

Yep !

There's never a problem that leads to the end of the world!

Honestly, when I read your post, I saw my past. When I was young, almost everytime my classmates don't team up with me. I can't play basketball and I don't play football but practically majority of my friends are good at this two games only. Despite joining them, they don't pass to me, they don't let me shoot and they blamed me when they couldn't score. Though it did felt disappointing :( , but I wasn't affected much as I knew why it happen and here's why. ;) Back then, I was more mature than my appropriate age and I played Lego when I was young too!! :D

Just be patience, your classmates are just childish. In time, they will grow out of it. But no matter what you do, make sure you just be there to show them that you are there as miracle can happen anytime, and also be there to exercise!! Just be positive and patience. :D Take this opportunity to be independent , and if you have a lousy teammates, try leading them! ;)

Perhaps you're more mature than them just like my situation? And that is why it is difficult for them to accept you? Maybe they're jealous? But it doesn't matter, just ignore it. Yes, of course have fun! It's not a competition, but sometimes you could put effort to win a friendly match. No wrong about it! :D

Generally males tend to play basketball or football more, but there are many who doesn't! Playing lego is good, there are many outcomes to it like learning to be creative, learning to build things, learning to put pieces together and many more, Legos are wonderful toys. They train your mind! :D No matter what you do, don't be over introvert and be bullied. Make sure you have a balance life, and also being half introvert and half extrovert. It takes time to change, so start now! :D

If you think you are weak, try looking deep inside you, you have talent somewhere there, those are your strong point. Make sure you nurture them. I did search mine, and I found them! No one is born perfect! ;) Everyone have weakness, you just couldn't see theirs. Why would you even show your weakness to people anyway? Show them your strength! When they need it, they will come looking for you! :D Be positive!

I don't think body type has anything to do with it. I'm about average build, and I didn't like sport. I spent 2 and a half years in high school sneaking away behind trees, and trying to stand where I thought the ball wasn't going to go before someone told me the school had SOCIAL SPORTS. That's where you go into a big room and lounge around while someone else plays table tennis. You should see if your school has that. I spent most of my adult life driving semi-trailers. I thinks its balls more than body. Just stick it in their face.

Scruffy said:
There's never a problem that leads to the end of the world!

Honestly, when I read your post, I saw my past. When I was young, almost everytime my classmates don't team up with me. I can't play basketball and I don't play football but practically majority of my friends are good at this two games only. Despite joining them, they don't pass to me, they don't let me shoot and they blamed me when they couldn't score. Though it did felt disappointing :( , but I wasn't affected much as I knew why it happen and here's why. ;) Back then, I was more mature than my appropriate age and I played Lego when I was young too!! :D

Just be patience, your classmates are just childish. In time, they will grow out of it. But no matter what you do, make sure you just be there to show them that you are there as miracle can happen anytime, and also be there to exercise!! Just be positive and patience. :D Take this opportunity to be independent , and if you have a lousy teammates, try leading them! ;)

Perhaps you're more mature than them just like my situation? And that is why it is difficult for them to accept you? Maybe they're jealous? But it doesn't matter, just ignore it. Yes, of course have fun! It's not a competition, but sometimes you could put effort to win a friendly match. No wrong about it! :D

Generally males tend to play basketball or football more, but there are many who doesn't! Playing lego is good, there are many outcomes to it like learning to be creative, learning to build things, learning to put pieces together and many more, Legos are wonderful toys. They train your mind! :D No matter what you do, don't be over introvert and be bullied. Make sure you have a balance life, and also being half introvert and half extrovert. It takes time to change, so start now! :D

If you think you are weak, try looking deep inside you, you have talent somewhere there, those are your strong point. Make sure you nurture them. I did search mine, and I found them! No one is born perfect! ;) Everyone have weakness, you just couldn't see theirs. Why would you even show your weakness to people anyway? Show them your strength! When they need it, they will come looking for you! :D Be positive!
Thank you for words of inspiration. You're very intelligent guy. Now I have a different prospective.

loosewheel said:
I don't think body type has anything to do with it. I'm about average build, and I didn't like sport. I spent 2 and a half years in high school sneaking away behind trees, and trying to stand where I thought the ball wasn't going to go before someone told me the school had SOCIAL SPORTS. That's where you go into a big room and lounge around while someone else plays table tennis. You should see if your school has that. I spent most of my adult life driving semi-trailers. I thinks its balls more than body. Just stick it in their face.

Okay buddy. I understood :)

To me, it sounds like you actually want to play these sports, but you're not very good... and that you cannot get better because nobody is giving you a chance.

So I wanted to ask if you have someplace else you can play. Our city has a gymnasium that offers sports. I put my daughter into the program because she needs to be more active. Right before the first practice, she told me she'd never played basketball. I talked to the coach, and he took extra time to teach her what he could. I also hired somebody to work with her for a few days, to show her how to improve. Now she loves basketball.

If you don't have a gym, maybe you can talk to a classmate (obviously not the one who kicked you). Tell him that the reason you're not good at these games is that you never played, and ask if he'd be willing to teach you a little.

For a lot of kids this maybe the only thing were they get to shine. Say for most of your life you fault like you were good at nothing you may have even felt like nothing at one point or another. One day you pick up a basketball or football or what not. You shot around an realize you made a basket then an other then an other you start to fill kind of proud of yourself. Other kids notice that you may have a level of skill that may match their own. So you start a game with them. You play for fun at first and notice your not scoring points like you once were and the feeling starts to fade. You become a little mad and the madder you get the better you start to shoot. You learn that if you play with a certain force and command you get that feeling back. You may also get the approve from other players. Rather a kid says it or not they seek approve from family or friends. Its just an other way to fit in.

I'm sure everyone picks on you because you do nothing about it when they do.

If you're physically weak, work on it. Try and exercise some more? Weightlifting? Running? Something? You don't have to be physically weak your whole life you know. Not every strong buff guy you see was born that way. Some people may have genes that make it easier for them to become really athletic, buff, strong whatever. That doesn't mean that everyone can't be like that.

Like I said, people will pick on you more if they see you do nothing about it when they say something or do something to you. I mean seriously, if they always make fun of you verbally or physically and they see you get intimidated or do nothing, they're going to keep on doing it because they know you won't do anything about it. When someone punches or kicks you, push them back or do something at least. If you stand there and take it, they'll think they're in every way superior to you, and the next time they do it again they'll assume you're gonna do nothing.

I know, it's not easy. I myself probably need to work on it too. Next time during P.E when you miss a shot or something, just act like you don't care and keep trying. Unless everyone else in your PE class plays for the NBA, I'm sure they miss shots and make mistakes like everyone else. Just try to play as best as you can.

nerdygirl said:
To me, it sounds like you actually want to play these sports, but you're not very good... and that you cannot get better because nobody is giving you a chance.

So I wanted to ask if you have someplace else you can play. Our city has a gymnasium that offers sports. I put my daughter into the program because she needs to be more active. Right before the first practice, she told me she'd never played basketball. I talked to the coach, and he took extra time to teach her what he could. I also hired somebody to work with her for a few days, to show her how to improve. Now she loves basketball.

If you don't have a gym, maybe you can talk to a classmate (obviously not the one who kicked you). Tell him that the reason you're not good at these games is that you never played, and ask if he'd be willing to teach you a little.

Very nice idea. Thank you :)

GrannySmith111 said:
I'm sure everyone picks on you because you do nothing about it when they do.

If you're physically weak, work on it. Try and exercise some more? Weightlifting? Running? Something? You don't have to be physically weak your whole life you know. Not every strong buff guy you see was born that way. Some people may have genes that make it easier for them to become really athletic, buff, strong whatever. That doesn't mean that everyone can't be like that.

Like I said, people will pick on you more if they see you do nothing about it when they say something or do something to you. I mean seriously, if they always make fun of you verbally or physically and they see you get intimidated or do nothing, they're going to keep on doing it because they know you won't do anything about it. When someone punches or kicks you, push them back or do something at least. If you stand there and take it, they'll think they're in every way superior to you, and the next time they do it again they'll assume you're gonna do nothing.

I know, it's not easy. I myself probably need to work on it too. Next time during P.E when you miss a shot or something, just act like you don't care and keep trying. Unless everyone else in your PE class plays for the NBA, I'm sure they miss shots and make mistakes like everyone else. Just try to play as best as you can.
I totally agree. I started being very active, maybe bit annoying but it really worked. I took away a ball from my opponent and threw. Goal ! Everyone was like WOW. It was really nice shot. :)

GearsOfWar93 said:
For a lot of kids this maybe the only thing were they get to shine. Say for most of your life you fault like you were good at nothing you may have even felt like nothing at one point or another. One day you pick up a basketball or football or what not. You shot around an realize you made a basket then an other then an other you start to fill kind of proud of yourself. Other kids notice that you may have a level of skill that may match their own. So you start a game with them. You play for fun at first and notice your not scoring points like you once were and the feeling starts to fade. You become a little mad and the madder you get the better you start to shoot. You learn that if you play with a certain force and command you get that feeling back. You may also get the approve from other players. Rather a kid says it or not they seek approve from family or friends. Its just an other way to fit in.
Thank you :)

My son was smaller and a little more weak than the rest of the boys in school. Somehow he took after his petite grandma in both looks and stature instead of his big brawny 6'2" father. He couldn't do contact sports without getting creamed, poor guy. So he switched to golf instead and loved it. Then one day he met this totally cute petite little girl who wears like a size 1 hehe. A few dates later they were head over heels for each other. One day, you'll find yourself and be totally shocked at how life can change and how you can just "come in to your own". It gets better for a lot of people, when fate changes course and out of the blue things work out.

ForGrantedWife said:
My son was smaller and a little more weak than the rest of the boys in school. Somehow he took after his petite grandma in both looks and stature instead of his big brawny 6'2" father. He couldn't do contact sports without getting creamed, poor guy. So he switched to golf instead and loved it. Then one day he met this totally cute petite little girl who wears like a size 1 hehe. A few dates later they were head over heels for each other. One day, you'll find yourself and be totally shocked at how life can change and how you can just "come in to your own". It gets better for a lot of people, when fate changes course and out of the blue things work out.

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back