Online Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainee

Reaction score
Hello,

Reading through posts on this forum it seems like people have found good friends here. It would be nice to make some online friends or even just acquaintances because life gets so very lonely sometimes.
If anyone wants to chat feel free to PM me.

I'd like to suggest being a little more active on the board. PMs are okay, but a lot of them die out. It can be tricky to think of something to say, sometimes... and I think a lot of people might be a bit shy about interacting one on one. Participating in the threads is nice because things come up there that probably wouldn't come up in a PM. It also gives everybody a chance to learn more about your personality without having to deal with a PM.

its also good to put out as much info as possible. maybe write a short bio on your profile page? or make a thread telling members about yourself?
for me anyways, it makes it much easier to tell if you have things in common or if there is a potential for a connection with someone if I can know more about them.
:)

On another note, I skip all that thread talk and go straight to skype. I mean I wouldn't consider most people I talk to on there "friends" but it is far better for actually chatting. But I do agree with providing at least the very basics about yourself before asking others to talk to you.

Don't feel discouraged here. Continue to reply on the forums, express yourself through poetry if you're interested in creative writing. There's lots of different topics and posts all over the forum. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself even. =) That's a good place to start.

Having exchanged a few pms with Rainee, I can say she's a pleasant well spoken girl who is fairly easy to talk to.

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions.
I suppose I am not very good at participating in forum discussions. Some people are just better with one on one contact. I do enjoy reading posts but I guess by the time I get to them others have already said everything, and more, that I would have said.

I have had some nice replies via PM so for now it is going good. I don't know how long those contacts will last. As nerdygirl said they often fizzle out. It is always nice to meet new people and hear their stories. And I am grateful for all nice people that come into my life however briefly.

lostatsea said:
Having exchanged a few pms with Rainee, I can say she's a pleasant well spoken girl who is fairly easy to talk to.

Thak you. That's very sweet of you to say :)

Rainee said:
Hello,

Reading through posts on this forum it seems like people have found good friends here. It would be nice to make some online friends or even just acquaintances because life gets so very lonely sometimes.

i havent found any friends here

Rainee said:
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions.
I suppose I am not very good at participating in forum discussions. Some people are just better with one on one contact. I do enjoy reading posts but I guess by the time I get to them others have already said everything, and more, that I would have said.

Don't worry if somebody else already said what you would have said. We don't know what you were thinking unless you tell us. Each time you share your thoughts, you give us a little more insight to who you are, as a person. Also, sometimes, you'll have that slightly different wording or one seemingly insignificant additional comment that will totally change the way other people see things.

ricardocca said:
i havent found any friends here

You see? At this point, you've made 15 posts. Several of them were just a word or a short phrase. If you don't extend yourself toward others and interact, it's hard to make friends.

nerdygirl said:
You see? At this point, you've made 15 posts. Several of them were just a word or a short phrase. If you don't extend yourself toward others and interact, it's hard to make friends.

I have been telling someone else in these parts lately, if they want to make friends here, you need to write more than 1-2 sentences. If not, then you need to show interest by asking questions. Barring either of these things, you will probably not make friends.

Or at least you won't with me.. lol. I have actually never once been online friends with someone who gives extremely short answers.

Rainee said:
Hello,

add me

sandguy said:
Rainee said:
Hello,

add me

Add you where?

Rainee said:
sandguy said:
Rainee said:
Hello,

add me

Add you where?
...to your buddy list, I'm guessing.

add me
[/quote]

Ok I added you.

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying. I added him although I don't really know what having people on a buddy list does.

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying. I added him although I don't know what having people on a buddy list does.

I don't either. The last time I used a buddy list was yahoo instant messenger. That was many years back.

Latest posts

Back