Video/Computer Games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverMore

Reaction score
I looked but couldn't find a thread specifically for talking about games....So I made one, talk about:

Games your looking forward to
Games your playing now
Games you love (feel free to get nostalgic:p)
Games you hate
Anything else you can think of, idk

Go!

Want: RaceDriver: Grid, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, Civilization Revolution
Playin': GTA IV, Trackmania Nations, RaceDriver: Grid (demo), UT3, Eye of Judgment, Metal Gear Online Premier Beta

Want more people to play with!

Want: Rockband, GTA IV
Play: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Guitar Hero I-III

Other than those, I'm not really much of a gamer.

Games your looking forward to: Warhammer Online

Games your playing now: Lost Oddesy

Games you love (feel free to get nostalgic): Zelda (ALTTP & OOC), FF7 & FF9, Baten Kaitos 1&2, Tales of Sypmphonia and Eternia, Chrono Cross, Smash Bros

Games you want: FF7 Crisis core, Tales of the world,

I forgot to add previously, but I am sort of attached to the old 16bit era Sonic games from my childhood.

I had never even heard of civilization revolution until you all mentioned it, it does look cool I'll probably end up getting that for the DS

Want to play: GTA IV but don't have a 360, so I'll have to hope for a pc port which is still a solid possibility from what I can find. And Mass effect just got ported to the pc and I'll probably get that as I enjoy deep RPG's and people seem to love that game, my roommate got it, hated it because there wasn't enough fighting, he just walked around talking to people and got annoyed with it but I would have been cool with that:p Still looking forward to Spore too if that will ever come out *sigh*

I'm playing: Gal Civ 2: Twilight of Arnor, it's sort of an indy game that not many people have heard of but deserves the rave reviews it gets. I'm also playing Super Smash Bros Brawl when my roommate asks me to play, it's pretty good, not as great as I had anticipated because the majority of the new characters aren't very good but still fun because it's one of the few games that I'm really good at. I also recently tried Trackmania cause Robin suggested it and for a free game it's quite good

Interesting you brought up Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia Hishu, I love those games too. Most people hated Baten Kaitos and I even remember that X-play reviewed it and gave it 1/5 which I thought was the stupidest rating they ever gave. Baten Kaitos was a great game that had a decent story and it was a looooong game (2 discs) I remember it took me a couple months to play through it all the way. And even though it was entirely linear I still enjoyed all the crazy places you ended up going, it was pretty awesome. Couldn't stand some of the characters but others were great like that guy with wings was pretty cool and that guy with the mask was cool too.. And some of the enemies you fought were some of the most interesting I've seen, still remember that worm with arms thing that came out of that portal you had to fight.. Never played the prequel to it might be worth looking into as it's probably real cheap now

NeverMore, you've got to play the prequel, it is seriously amazing. It explains everything in the first game and some of the twists will honestly shock you. It is pretty long too, which is cool.

woo I just finished Re4, it was, much too short but really fun and freaky none the less, I'm working on Devil May Cry but I'm not getting very far on it. And I've also been working on FFXII for the last year,

I really want to play Assains creed, but i need to get a ps3 :(

playing gta4 and rockband
waiting for Warhammer online (they should make one from the 40k version....much more revolutionary than the regular: get sword, fight. kind of mmo's that flood the market)
I hate platformers.....I need a good strategy/rpg/shooter/rythem game to keep me interested

Games at our age? No wonder we don't get out with girls much!

I'm at an age when the only games I play are the old ones for the Nintendo or Commodore 64. I was quite a Mario fan and have the games on both platforms. (I even have the Atari one too!)

Recently I bought a Mega Drive from Ebay to play Sonic the Hedgehog. However, the Mega Drive version was so hard I also bought a Game Genie and Action Replay to even the handicap. But still, at least I can now unlock the extra levels and special features which the programmers decided to leave out of the final 'master'. I'll have a go at that soon.

copperation said:
Games at our age? No wonder we don't get out with girls much!

I'm at an age when the only games I play are the old ones for the Nintendo or Commodore 64. I was quite a Mario fan and have the games on both platforms. (I even have the Atari one too!)

Recently I bought a Mega Drive from Ebay to play Sonic the Hedgehog. However, the Mega Drive version was so hard I also bought a Game Genie and Action Replay to even the handicap. But still, at least I can now unlock the extra levels and special features which the programmers decided to leave out of the final 'master'. I'll have a go at that soon.

Hehe, no offense Cooperation, but when You come to a stage where You want to play oldies so badly that You buy old consoles on E-bay, then i think it's starting to look troublesome. ;)

Hishu said:
NeverMore, you've got to play the prequel, it is seriously amazing. It explains everything in the first game and some of the twists will honestly shock you. It is pretty long too, which is cool.

Will do then, I'll start looking in gamestops for it, I'm sure I can get a good deal on it too if I find it that is

evanescencefan91 said:
woo I just finished Re4, it was, much too short but really fun and freaky none the less, I'm working on Devil May Cry but I'm not getting very far on it. And I've also been working on FFXII for the last year,

I really want to play Assains creed, but i need to get a ps3 :(

I remember RE4 was awesome,while it lasted that is, it wasn't very long but then again none of the resident evil games were. Some of the things in that game were the stuff of nightmares especially those things in the lab with the spikes all over them..... I'm sure you know what I'm talkin about:rolleyes:

Yea Assassin's creed looked really good and just recently it came to the pc but I'm not sure my computer would run it well, might try if I'm feeling bold some time this summer

Any Mega Man fans here? I'm not talking about the embarrassing crap they put out now adays but the good games like Mega Man 1-7 and Mega Man X and X2, after that things went down hill pretty fast.. I love those games, they are classics. I've been all of them up to X6, even though I'd say that X3-X6 were terrible, it's like they stopped trying. My personal favorite is Mega Man X, just a great game with really interesting powers and bosses, X2 was good but extremely difficult, find some youtube clips of it if you want to see what I'm talking about O_O

The classic ones were good too, I didn't like Mega Man 1 very much it had those lame disappearing blocks that I hate with a passion. I'd have to say the best one of them was 5, it had gravity man the coolest enemy ever, sorta, he looks pretty dumb but he was fun to fight,lol

Meh i got a 360 and i can play all the good games sonys getting hit hard all the exclusives lost.....GTA4,RE5,and a few others i mean the has a ton of good games ps3 is only getting a few.....I used to love sonys systems but.....its bad this time around ..........plus microsoft has purchased rights with square enix meaning it could very well be possible that the xbox 360 will be getting final fantasy

oh man your talking about the regenerates nevermore, ya those things sucked, and the were freaky as heck too

I just finished Crysis on the PC. Fun game if you have the hardware to run it.

I'm looking for a good RPG, so I'll probably pick up "The Witcher" before the week's over. Has anyone else played this?

I'm too cheap to pick up a 360 or Ps3. All I have to work with is my computer and an old Ps2. :)

"when You come to a stage where You want to play oldies so badly that You buy old consoles on E-bay, then i think it's starting to look troublesome. "

I don't think so. The Mega Drive AND games ony cost £8, whilst Sonic will never be out of date, just like the Stones.

Games your looking forward to: Spore, and Metal Gear Solid 4, although I'm really not interested in getting a Ps3. Spore looks really cool, but I'm trying not to buy into the hype. I don't think it will deliver all that it promises

Games your playing now: Grand Theft Auto 4, Oblivion

Games you love: Baldur's Gate II, Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Love tons of games but these are my all time favorites

Games you hate: World of Warcraft. I've spent way too much time on that game, and for what? It was so huge and amazing when it was released, but once you hit lvl 60, it all went downhill. Of course I still played it though, because I was so **** addicted to it. But no more, Blizzard! No More!

JustLost said:
I'm looking for a good RPG, so I'll probably pick up "The Witcher" before the week's over. Has anyone else played this?

The Witcher is a pretty cool game. It's quite different from your normal RPG. I guess you'll either love it or hate it. I never finished it, because I got distracted by another game, but I'll have to give it another shot sometime

Jeremi said:
The Witcher is a pretty cool game. It's quite different from your normal RPG. I guess you'll either love it or hate it. I never finished it, because I got distracted by another game, but I'll have to give it another shot sometime

Thanks. I might be picking it up today. The last RPG I played was Oblivion. People seemed to love or hate that game as well. I ended up liking it but I think that was only because I'd played Morrowind so much.

JustLost said:
Thanks. I might be picking it up today. The last RPG I played was Oblivion. People seemed to love or hate that game as well. I ended up liking it but I think that was only because I'd played Morrowind so much.

I wouldn't pick it up just yet if I were you. Not because it's a bad game it's a good game but because they are releasing an enhanced version on Friday of this week as a matter of fact. Everyone who bought the game previously will be able to download the new content and upgrades but if you wait you can buy the enhanced version in stores and get bonus stuff in it all for the same price as the original game. It's really quite amazing how much effort they put into improving the game this is a massive update that adds a lot to the game they redid all of the English voice acting and loading times will be greatly reduced that's dedication, I'm probably not explaining it very well but you can read about it here:

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/444.html

I played the first bit of the game and it was alright, the loading times were nearly unbearable and it didn't perform as well as it should, when they announced the enhanced version I decided to wait and play it when that came out, but I did enjoy the game it was very detailed and the gameplay was good.

I loved Oblivion, it was probably one of my favorite games of all time, not because the original product from Bethesda was so good but because of the excellent modding community that is engaged in making the game perfect. There are mods for EVERYTHING you can possibly imagine, there are even multiple modders that are working to put morrowind and solstheim in oblivion, it's quite amazing how far they have gotten so far. I would even make the case that Oblivion isn't that great of a game without mods there were so many problems with the game like the static leveling system how everything leveled with you and also the leveling system itself wasn't very natural feeling you had to go out of your way to get the right skills to go up and give you the right attribute modifiers, did I mention I played this game for like a year and a half, but I stopped, it was eating too much of my life:p

Latest posts

Back