Interview

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hishu

So, I've got to go to a concert and interview the band tonight (the band is a local, no-name band).

Yeah, I've been so nervous about it all day that my head is killing me and I feel like I could puke. Fun stuff. It's not even like it's the first interview I've done, I just get crazy nervous everytime, though usually my head doesn't hurt like it is today.

This is about the first time I've had to go out on a Friday night in 3 years. Ugh, being so sick over this stuff makes it that much harder to do @_@.

Interviewer huh? How did You end up with a profession You feel so bad doing?

Ah, I started writing video game articles several years ago and ended up getting hooked up with this local magazine. A couple of months ago, they asked me to interview local bands. I agreed to do it because its probably a good idea to get some experience doing interviews. I'm really trying to get over my phobia by doing this...hopefully eventually I won't get so sick lol

I think you should look at each one as a challenge and then when you have done it,you can feel like you have accomplished something :) and eventually your fear should start to get less and less.If you really find it so terrible though,i would maybe look at doing something else.

That sounds like a fun profession in a way, especially if the bands play the type of music you're into. Personally, however, I doubt I could come up with anything unique to ask.

Best of luck!

Well, that was probably about the worst interview I've ever had :p. The guys were actually very rude, and the only guy who actually talked to me to answer questions was drunk and the newest member to the band, which meant that about 1/2 of my questions couldn't be answered. Usually interviews take between 25-30 minutes to do, but this one lasted maybe 12 minutes, tops. The guy even walked away for like 10 minutes in the middle of the interview.

Now if I was just randomly showing up and these guys had no interest in being interviewed, I could better understand all this...however, they're the ones who contacted the magazine wanting to be interviewed @_@.

But, its all good. I'm actually almost relieved that somebodys finally been really rude during an interview, because thats about the worst thing that can happen. Now that it has happened, what's there really to be nervous about? Granted I'm sure I'll still get nervous, but I think now that the worst has happened, I at least have something to compare my worries to and it puts things in perspective.

Now the hard part is going to be writing a positive, 500 word article on these guys :p.

Hishu said:
Now the hard part is going to be writing a positive, 500 word article on these guys .

And it is still positive. I didn't know people could request to be interviewed. Strange that they lost interest in it.

Hishu said:
But, its all good. I'm actually almost relieved that somebodys finally been really rude during an interview, because thats about the worst thing that can happen. Now that it has happened, what's there really to be nervous about? Granted I'm sure I'll still get nervous, but I think now that the worst has happened, I at least have something to compare my worries to and it puts things in perspective.

Now the hard part is going to be writing a positive, 500 word article on these guys :p.

You should write mean stuff about them seeing as they were so rude and horrible to you! But then maybe that'd earn you bad karma...

I'm glad the experience didn't put you off doing interviews. You're right that you should be fearless now, you know that rude stupid people can't faze you!

Hishu said:
Well, that was probably about the worst interview I've ever had :p. The guys were actually very rude, and the only guy who actually talked to me to answer questions was drunk and the newest member to the band, which meant that about 1/2 of my questions couldn't be answered. Usually interviews take between 25-30 minutes to do, but this one lasted maybe 12 minutes, tops. The guy even walked away for like 10 minutes in the middle of the interview.

Some people seem to think that being a musician or artist of any kind automatically gives them free reign to act like complete pricks. It's good that you didn't let it bother you.

Latest posts

Back