Your most advantageous & least advantageous trait.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

constant stranger

Reaction score
What personal trait, skill or attribute is your most effective asset and what's your least effective?

For my part, unless I'm fooling myself, I'm ready to enlist in the group effort: on the job, in the neighborhood, the family. One word? I think I'm loyal.

My least advantageous trait is I'm probably prone to give in to my personal fears.....I'm not so brave at embracing personal demons.

Most effective - Decent sense of humor.
Least - Poor sense of judgement, especially under pressure. Can't fault myself for having insufficient brain cells, I suppose. *sigh*

I know how to have fun, but sometimes I can be stubborn.

most is going places by myself, I know a lot of 'normal people' who are too scared to go anywhere by themselves.

least is avoiding places that I won't feel comfortable.

Triple Bogey said:
most is going places by myself, I know a lot of 'normal people' who are too scared to go anywhere by themselves.

least is avoiding places that I won't feel comfortable.
[/quote

That is so much me too, Triple Bogey.

But the being comfortable going places by myself thing has backfired a few times, only insofar as when I'm in company, my patience factor gets short because I'm unused to cooperating with anybody's agenda but my own.
And those 'normal people' seem unused to being in company with a guy who's accustomed to seeing and doing only what he wants.
So I've come across as selfish or bossy.

Adjusting to "not alone" can be tricky. It amounts to a judgment call: would I rather dwell on some less interesting museum exhibit (for eg.) and enjoy a social contact or would I rather spend the day dwelling on the exhibits I'm fascinated with, but do it by myself?
Depends on the people I'm with I guess.

And that's a whole social skill itself: knowing who it's right for me to be with.

Latest posts

Back