What is real man ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
I'm a seventeen years old guy. And I'm really childish and kind-hearted. Also I'm very skinny and physically weak. My 24 years old cousin asked me When I will become a (real) man. He made me **** upset. I could not understand why Mongolians still want others be like their elder ancestors. You know they had lots of battles and war with other nations. 21st century is different. High educational quality, good morals ethics and health are most important. What the heck is he talking about. He's got a beefy body and have good experience of physically demanding jobs, but he has freaking low educational qualification. He's not gonna go far under working class. Whereas I'm gonna become a biotechnologist and get much better life in a well-developed country. MAN ? who cares. Or is there something really wrong about me. Or Do i must be good at physically demanding harsh jobs like most other men in my country. Or Was it wrong for me to watch my favorite animation " Sabrina ".

I'm pretty sure they weren't referring to your age. The people who say this are normally narrow minded and shallow, why should you live up to their expectations to be considered a man?

Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore people who say this.

well, I am a woman so I can't really say how "becoming a real man" happens, a friend of mine who I see as a very cool real man reads this website http://www.artofmanliness.com
a bit inspired from early 1900th century American/Mad Men
anyway, it features is a lot of reflection about what makes a man, I agree with 9006 that your cousin's view is narrow minded.

Sick and tired of hearing the term "real man" being thrown around. Society has created this image that a real man is this self-obsessed, muscular and "macho" guy who has the perfect corporate job, always dresses in expensive costumes and always gets his girl. This kind of bs is unhealthy and creates unrealistic expectations to women and men along.

You want to know what I consider a real man? Each and every man who is self-conscious enough to not let the opinions of others guide him, but make his own luck and stand up for his beliefs. That`s the only trait real men have in my book, all the other "must have" traits only benefit the fashion industry and the corporate asses who become millionaires out of men who think that money and material possessions are the only purpose in life.

Kind of a rant, I know, but today`s society simply sickens me sometimes.

You're already a real man just by being real.. and by being real with things in your life. Don't listen to him or others. You shouldn't live up to people's expectations, especially when they really don't have any right to expect anything from you.

ladyforsaken said:
You're already a real man just by being real.. and by being real with things in your life. Don't listen to him or others. You shouldn't live up to people's expectations, especially when they really don't have any right to expect anything from you.

Best answer that I've seen here so far. Couldn't have said it better myself. Rep +1

Seeker said:
Sick and tired of hearing the term "real man" being thrown around. Society has created this image that a real man is this self-obsessed, muscular and "macho" guy who has the perfect corporate job, always dresses in expensive costumes and always gets his girl. This kind of bs is unhealthy and creates unrealistic expectations to women and men along.

You want to know what I consider a real man? Each and every man who is self-conscious enough to not let the opinions of others guide him, but make his own luck and stand up for his beliefs. That`s the only trait real men have in my book, all the other "must have" traits only benefit the fashion industry and the corporate asses who become millionaires out of men who think that money and material possessions are the only purpose in life.

Kind of a rant, I know, but today`s society simply sickens me sometimes.

I absolutely agree

ladyforsaken said:

^ This.

Solivagant said:
ladyforsaken said:

^ This.

Yes

And what Seeker said earlier seems very true too :)

Accepting yourself as you are will probably make you a more real man (person) than pursuing images created or expected by others

Don't listen to your cousin or anyone else for that matter (they all have different definitions , muscular , cold , businessman , married ,etc,) all it will do is cloud your thoughts and make your mind conflict with what you really want.

Latest posts

Back