Are you optimist or pessimist?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexChristy

Reaction score
This is forum about a lonely life, I think, that only pessimist can be a lonely person. So all we are pessimists, right?
As for me, I am optimist, of course. But now the period of long depression came to my life, so I feel pessimist.
What about personally you?

An optimistic, lonely person sounds like an oxymoron to me, granted this is a perception from a pessimistic person. Loneliness takes me to a very dark place, so dark that there is no light no matter where I look. Without the light to break through the darkness, there can be no optimism

I too am interested in finding out if they mythical optimistic, lonely person exists

Hi, stuff4096, thank you for answering.
You know, I am optimistic and lonely person. I believe, my life will be full of interesting events and persons. But now I have a period of depression and loneliness. I hope, it's just temporary.

I´m optimistic about the humanity in people:) I´m optimistic that world is being led towards utopia (even if slowly and with detours:D) :) I´m an optimist that those who follow their dreams will reach them:) And many other things I´m optimistic about:)

....But when it comes to me, who I am, will be, and what is my future...Well.....

I am optimistic about everything apart from women finding me attractive or interesting.

AlexChristy said:
Hi, stuff4096, thank you for answering.
You know, I am optimistic and lonely person. I believe, my life will be full of interesting events and persons. But now I have a period of depression and loneliness. I hope, it's just temporary.
I think that you are correct in that.
I've often said it myself, that life is change, and eventually things always turn around. some people may go through the first half of life where everything works out and they are blessed to a certain degree, and then it reverses itself eventually and you get back what you paid for over all those years.
some people it goes the opposite where they have pain first and then life turns positive. some are constantly going up and down and back and forth. but one thing is for certain: it never stays the same forever.
so to answer the question, I guess you would call me optimistic!

Ha-ha!
Just read this thread!!! Almost everybody wrote, he was optimistics. So why are we talking about loneliness, and why are we alone, guys???

I would really like to put myself out there an an optimist, but I just can't. For me, the glass is always half empty. (Cliche, I know). I just find myself thinking more negatively a great deal of the time as opposed to positively. It's unfortunate, and am not quite sure how to change my way of thinking.

Pike Queen said:
I would really like to put myself out there an an optimist, but I just can't. For me, the glass is always half empty. (Cliche, I know). I just find myself thinking more negatively a great deal of the time as opposed to positively. It's unfortunate, and am not quite sure how to change my way of thinking.
I feel the same.
And furthermore, every morning I am in a bad mood. I remember, a year ago, I was flying every morning.
I thought, I had hormone imbalance. But I visited doctor, he said, I was all right.
I think, I just need society. And it's really cool, that I've found this forum.
Talking to another person - this is the way to get out of depression and to deal with loneliness. But, I think, chatting or skype are not enough and to become optimist.

I'm not sure...I think I'm both. It's surprising and funny for me that some people have told me when they talk to me they feel more determined, confident and hopeful. I wish I had the same influence on myself.

AlexChristy said:
Ha-ha!
Just read this thread!!! Almost everybody wrote, he was optimistics. So why are we talking about loneliness, and why are we alone, guys???

It is possible to be alone and optimistic.

I'm going to be different ad say I have periods of both! although right now and recently, I'm very optimistic! :)

AlexChristy said:
Ha-ha!

Lately I was thinking that I am alone because I am unbearably optimistic, seriously (and sometimes depressed)

Mr.YellowCat said:
I´m optimistic about the humanity in people:) I´m optimistic that world is being led towards utopia (even if slowly and with detours:D) :) I´m an optimist that those who follow their dreams will reach them:) And many other things I´m optimistic about:)
....But when it comes to me, who I am, will be, and what is my future...Well.....
Same here. I am an optimist, with short periods of pessimism, a loner having no problem with that, sometimes lonely, but a better loneliness alone than the loneliness in two.
AlexChristy Wrote:
You know AlexChristy, it just crossed my mind: since you`re having a 9 month baby, could it be that your depression and loneliness is somehow linked to the appearance of the baby in your family? I know that, like women are affected by birth developing sometimes post partum depression, men are also affected and can feel depressed and lonely, even neglected. Indeed the studies focus more on the women, but still...just an idea crossing my mind, thinking that you`re feeling this way for a year or so and I think the biggest change in your life in this period was the transition from husband to father and husband. Of course you`re happy about your son and family life, happily married a.s.o., but maybe, just maybe, there is a connection between these events.

I've been a pessimist my whole life. I've been told to change and be positive but all my hopes just crash and burn. When I get a surge of optimism about whatever, I put that flame out quick and try to forget it. I'll have the moment of joy when and if the feeling or event in question comes through.

Latest posts

Back