I don't like people in general. Why???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrownedRabbit

Reaction score
I'm in my first year of college and I don't want to see the faces of my classmates. I was also like this during highschool. I don't even want to go to school anymore. If I can I would rather be homeschooled. I like what I'm studying about it's just that most of the time I don't see the point in trying.

I try to talk to people about this ,but they don't believe me.They say that I do well in school, so it mustn't be that bad. I get high grades and it makes me proud. My classmates resent me because of it, they say I'm arrogant even when I don't speak at all!!! Some of them are so competitive that they would say destructive things just to bring me down . I'm very sensitive ,so it hurts me more than it should. Whenever I'm at school I just block them out and sleep a lot.

I'll be returning to school tomorrow after our sembreak and I can feel my mood sinking to the bottom. :((

If you don't like people in general, you're probably an introvert. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not sure why your classmates treat you that way. They may think you are arrogant because you're good at what you do and separate yourself from others as if you don't need anyone else. It could also be that your classmates are ultra competitive and they resent the fact that you're not, so they're trying to make life more difficult for you.

Is there a student advisor or someone who could help you get through this?

By the way, welcome to the forum! :)

What Locke said, you either are an introvert, or maybe the rest of the students have grouped and created a kind of attitude you just don't want to be a part of. In either case, the fact that you don't blend in is because you have a character strong enough to not submit to other people's mojo just to fit in, and you should be proud for that.

I would suggest, since you are at in college, to seek people to socialize with outside of your class, if none of them fits you. Colleges are big places with many people, so there are bound to be people with your interests out there. ;)

A lot of people think having good grades in school means you must be fine. I definitely wasn't during college. Like others I suggest meeting others outside of classes, or better yet, just meeting people who don't want to talk about grades. There should be a lot of clubs around you can join that will take you away from toxic people. Keep trying! *hugs*

I would rather have a home-based business, and not deal with retail because in general, I dislike people. School sucked for me as well. So you are definitely not alone in what you are going through!!

It is unfair how they treat you, and it has already been mentioned that they may be competitive, and with you NOT being that way, it really pisses them off. I think that's just fine, means you are very talented :)

is it possible that for some reason (your experience, your character, ?) you and the people in school are really different? If that is the case, then it's not that you dislike ALL the people but only those in that school...

Latest posts

Back