Imperfect world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexChristy

Reaction score
Maybe, for you it sounds funny, but I have some inner drive to make other people happy. I am very happy to give some money to homeless people on the street.
If someone needs my help, I often help with a great pleasure.
It really hurts me to know people who has no money, no job. Not because of they are lazy, but because of they live in third-world countries.
I often think, that world is not perfect.
What about you? Do you think about global problems?

I do, but almost never do something about it (it may sound hypocritical but it's the truth).

I'm glad to hear that Alex. We need more people like you on earth. ^^

I've gotten into full-blown depression in the past because of thinking about global problems. I can't see others are suffering and feel frustrated when I can't do anything for them. I love helping people and hope I can make their life better even to the smallest extend.

Hey, I live in a third world country, if I gave you my account number and the name of my bank, could you make me a deposit?

Yes I do, unfortunately there is not a huge amount I can do about it, so I do try to tune out a lot of it or it makes me feel powerless.

I've not much money at the moment so can't even do much in that respect. I do hope that some of the richer people there are (such as the soccer players who earn £100,000 a week for kicking a ball around) do give some of their money to charities and stuff, I'd really like to believe that. I guess we don't hear about that a lot, because if they publicised it they'd probably just get criticised for "showing off" but I hope they do give something back from their very privileged lives. It makes me slightly sick to see people spend money on half a dozen cars when there are other people starving.

The way I try to look at it is, I can only do what I can do, and in my immediate sphere there is plenty of suffering to which I CAN respond in some way, whether through volunteering my time or just helping someone out. I can't give much money to homeless people, I certainly can't give them anything that would fix their situation, but often I will talk to them, give them a few minutes of my time, ask them their name and tell them mine, being treated as a human being is probably something they miss as much as other parts of the life they probably once had. It makes me feel good when I do this, who knows what effect it might have on them. Even simple things like making a connection with the harried looking store clerk can make a difference, I've found.

Anyway I think that's my own solution, such as it is. I don't think there's anything strange about having an inner drive to make people happy, if everyone was happier I think there would be less problems in the world. I think the only caution is in making sure we can find ways to make ourselves happy, as well, and if that's a byproduct of helping others I don't see it as a problem!

I think in a way the world balances itself out. A glass half full/empty situation maybe?

On the one side you've got those people who are living homeless, needing money etc, you've got people getting beaten up, abuse/bullied for no reason whatsoever. That's the imperfect side to this world.

But then, you have the people like yourselves who feel the need to make the difference. The people who will offer money to those in need, break up fights, stop bullying etc.

Some people are scared to act in situations like these because of the consequences they then find themselves in. But I do believe if there was more people in this world with an attitude like yourself, it would be leaning more to a perfect world.

Latest posts

Back