Hi, nice to make your acquaintance...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReflectingPool

Reaction score
I'm 36 years old and I'm really into reading, music, film, art, photography, and things of that kind. I'm also very interested in history and science. Pretty much anything is interesting to me in one way or another. My taste in music, film, etc., tends towards older things and is influenced by my interest in history. In college I studied English literature.

I like to have long, in-depth conversations with people and have never been that good at superficial interactions and "small talk." Most people would probably describe me as pretty quiet and shy, but I can be very talkative and expressive if I'm really interested in a certain subject or have strong feelings about it.

I've had a lot of problems in my life with depression and anxiety, and have tended to be alone most of the time as an adult. I had a fairly active social life when I was a teenager, played in bands with friends, etc., but as an adult I gradually kind of fell out with the people I used to know and have had a hard time developing new contacts. I think a lot of the problem has been that I've often felt pretty stressed out by the demands and struggles of life and have had a hard time finding the emotional energy for friends, relationships, etc. I also tend to be really introverted at times, which has made connecting with people even more of a challenge for me.

It's been a long time since I've had many people in my life and I do really miss the experience of connecting with others to talk about common interests, views on life, personal issues, etc. I'm trying not to have too many expectations about what I hope to find on this forum - I'm looking for some kind of connection with other people and I'll just wait and see what form that takes.

Welcome to the forums.

Punisher said:
Hi ReflectingPool :)

Hi RP, I have also studied English Literature. You sound very interesting, I think a lot of the time introverted people can feel it's somehow wrong to be introverted, when in fact it's just a different way of being, just as some people veer in the direction of small talk, some of us prefer to talk about other things!

I hope you can find some connections on this forum and I wish you well :cool:

Hello welcome to the site.

Nice Username.

Latest posts

Back