Am I short for a guy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctors really don't know. Your genetics really determine whether or not you'll grow more. I grew from 16 to 17 years old, shot up there.

[youtube]9BcvZoUn9yA[/youtube]

Solivagant said:
^ I actually think 5'11" is a very good height for a guy.  Guys over a certain height start to make me feel overshadowed, and I don't really like that.  Taller isn't necessarily better.

I'm exactly 5'11" - or as I like to think of it, tall enough to not be short, but not so tall that I can't fit comfortably in the driver's seat of a Mustang.  Just right  :cool:

I'm 5'10 or near as damnit. Pretty much exactly average height for a man - or at least it used to be. Average height is probably more than that now.

mgill said:
an eye opening look into the life of a man who is truly short- i can most certainly relate personally to his experience being only an inch taller than the author.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/andrea-benito/2012/09/short-men-eww-theyre-genetically-deformed/

Despite what this article says, I once knew a guy who was maybe 5'6 in height, skinny and not very facially attractive at all, at least in a "traditional" sense. He did extremely well with women. Seemed to have a different girl on the go every few months. I'm not saying being short as a guy is ideal, but it's obviously not the be all end all either.

I'm 5' 6" and also just turned 58 years old. I definitely wish I would have been taller and stronger. I was bullied my whole school years and unfortunately was afraid to fight because I was so small. I can tell myself how confident I am and all that, but it has never really changed my reality. With that said, I have been married before, and had girlfriends, but still the memories of being bullied and pushed around still haunt me....

Vinny D said:
I'm 5' 6" and also just turned 58 years old.  I definitely wish I would have been taller and stronger.  I was bullied my whole school years and unfortunately was afraid to fight because I was so small.  I can tell myself how confident I am and all that, but it has never really changed my reality.  With that said, I have been married before, and had girlfriends, but still the memories of  being bullied and pushed around still haunt me....

Short bitches can be scary as fresia....I take it that doesn't transfer over to your gender?

TheRealCallie said:
Short bitches can be scary as fresia....I take it that doesn't transfer over to your gender?

Yeah, I don't think the dynamic works like that. Even if you become the equivalent of an MMA fighter it does not make you that much scarier because a short ***** is not "scary" due to her physique but despite of it. Male and female bullying works differently, the latter being more social and psychological and women/girls get a slight "you should never hit a woman" bonus too.

All this talk about short guys reminded me of one of my oldest friends who is approx. one head shorter than me. Studies history, spent entire semesters in Asia and is an intelligent guy. We never really talk about relationships but I wonder if he ever had a girlfriend at any point. If so, we never spoke about it since it was never relevant to me. I only mentioned my own status as a minor sidenote sometimes.

Vinny D said:
I'm 5' 6" and also just turned 58 years old. I definitely wish I would have been taller and stronger. I was bullied my whole school years and unfortunately was afraid to fight because I was so small. I can tell myself how confident I am and all that, but it has never really changed my reality. With that said, I have been married before, and had girlfriends, but still the memories of being bullied and pushed around still haunt me....

I hear that. I didn't feel like height was my issue but I still wasn't sure of myself, so I didn't want to take chances, even though part of me really wanted to fight.

Another thing, at least in my case - I noticed most bullies are all talk. Once I started talking back to them more, they almost never really wanted to fight unless they had a massive advantage.

In time I just realized that the people who used to gang up on me were just shitty people, and I shouldn't care what they think, and I haven't since. I understand why it happened but it's still more of a reflection on them than on me.

My point is, you don't have to be haunted by it your whole life, it's possible maybe not to forgive, but definitely to forget, to just not care anymore.

TheRealCallie said:
Vinny D said:
I'm 5' 6" and also just turned 58 years old.  I definitely wish I would have been taller and stronger.  I was bullied my whole school years and unfortunately was afraid to fight because I was so small.  I can tell myself how confident I am and all that, but it has never really changed my reality.  With that said, I have been married before, and had girlfriends, but still the memories of  being bullied and pushed around still haunt me....

I guess not Callie - I regret not at least trying to be scary as fresia...in other words not backing down to those mofos

TheSkaFish said:
Vinny D said:

I hear that. I didn't feel like height was my issue but I still wasn't sure of myself, so I didn't want to take chances, even though part of me really wanted to fight.

Another thing, at least in my case - I noticed most bullies are all talk. Once I started talking back to them more, they almost never really wanted to fight unless they had a massive advantage.

In time I just realized that the people who used to gang up on me were just shitty people, and I shouldn't care what they think, and I haven't since. I understand why it happened but it's still more of a reflection on them than on me.

My point is, you don't have to be haunted by it your whole life, it's possible maybe not to forgive, but definitely to forget, to just not care anymore.

Agreed...I really think that if I would have stood up to those bullies, many of them would have backed down....some people just want to test you, not actually fight. Unfortunately, I failed the tests which led to the constant bullying.

And woman after woman here have told you that height isn't everything. Almost all of the guys I've dated have been shorter than me. I know a guy who's 5'2 and has a 5'8 wife. And no, she isn't ugly.

TheRealCallie said:
And woman after woman here have told you that height isn't everything.  Almost all of the guys I've dated have been shorter than me.  I know a guy who's 5'2 and has a 5'8 wife.  And no, she isn't  ugly.

stats show that only around 4% of women  are OK with a man shorter than themselves. i'm not saying it's impossible just extremely rare.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I admit, I do like men who are taller than me. 5'6" is taller than me :D

lol-i only wish more women thought like you Amy.

in my experience most do not compare a man's height to their own but instead they compare a man's height to other men.  personally if i'm attacted to her i don't care about a women's height and would have no problem dating a taller women but have never met one (in person anyway) who felt the same about me.

Latest posts

Back