Ending a marriage....AGAIN!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocebo

Reaction score
I need a little vent to clear my head...

Iv been in marriage number 2 for about 7 years. It hasn't been good for the last 2 and I've had enough. When I explain this to the man I married, he refuses to accept that I'm not happy and that I want to go. I can forgive him for that. Nobody wants their marriage to end. But the reality is that it's been dead in the water for so long.

We have both had our difficulties with various things and I feel that we havnt evolved together as we could have and perhaps, should have. I don't blame him even though he has made mistakes. I don't blame myself, even though I have had my faults too. I don't think anyone is to blame for this. I want to move on with life and I can't do that here. It's not fair on anybody.

We have children...this isn't going to be easy!

Deep breath...here we go!!!!!

Hey, good luck but you do deserve points for trying again, i shouldn't ever rule it out but i dont think i'll ever remarry.

Sorry to hear that, just try to make it as easy for the kids as possible, they are not to blame for any of this.

I'm so sorry to see you go through this again. :\

Stay strong and hope you'll get through this all right. *hugs*

Sorry to read of such a sad but necessary decision...but it's not a surprise.

The divorce rate is over 50% & has been for decades. When Oprah had her asinine talk show running, a few episodes were about how to fix marital problems, keep the passion alive, etc.--all of this run by a woman who has never gotten hitched.

This time will be difficult for you, but you're freeing yourself from an institution that, frankly, I think is a little behind the times.

The future looks bright and shiny for me. Surprises around every corner ;)

The end of one thing isn't the end of everything x

I for one am not going to offer support because you demonstrate an attitude I can't stomach.

Don't remarry, don't put another person through that.

rdor said:
I for one am not going to offer support because you demonstrate an attitude I can't stomach.

wow really? im not against you for having another opinion... but there are better ways to present that opinion.

--

OP, sounds like beating a dead horse isnt doing you any good. and im happy that you found a brighter side in life! =)

rdor said:

err....in case you hadn't noticed, it's not that she's happy because her marriage is ending, but because she's found someone else.

EveWasFramed said:
err....in case you hadn't noticed, it's not that she's happy because her marriage is ending, but because she's found someone else.

Well that makes all the difference. Didn't your last husband leave stating "I'm not happy"? Yet you don't feel inclined to point out the lack of integrity here. Nobody does. It's like staring into the abyss here sometimes.

He's saying: blah blah don't end marriage because you're unhappy blah blah blah

Just saved like, 6 days of discussion right there. fresia I'm awesome!

rdor said:
EveWasFramed said:

Well that makes all the difference. Didn't your last husband leave stating "I'm not happy"? Yet you don't feel inclined to point out the lack of integrity here. Nobody does. It's like staring into the abyss here sometimes.

Dude. What do I have to do with this? I only mentioned what I did because it "appeared" that you thought she should feel sad about her marriage ending. I was just pointing out the reason why she might not be displaying a certain emotion.
Also, Im sure as hell not going to "point out" anyone's lack of integrity. I have no knowledge of why her marriage ended and Im **** sure not going to assume anything and start pointing fingers.
And as for me, I'd appreciate you not dragging my personal honeysuckle into someone elses thread. Also, what does my ex not "being happy" have to do with INTEGRITY in any way, shape or form??

:club:

EveWasFramed said:
Also, what does my ex not "being happy" have to do with INTEGRITY in any way, shape or form??

Integrity: quality of being honest and having strong moral principles

Your ex’s lack of integrity, this woman’s lack of integrity; making a commitment then leaving because they aren’t haaappy. As if personal contentment were the only reason to remain married. I’m pretty sure they made some vows along the lines of sickness and health, happiness and sadness etc. But maybe I’m naive and old fashioned like that.

If there were a serious reason for the marriage to end we would have heard it, being that the topic is about self-justification.

rdor said:
EveWasFramed said:
Also, what does my ex not "being happy" have to do with INTEGRITY in any way, shape or form??

Integrity: quality of being honest and having strong moral principles

Your ex’s lack of integrity, this woman’s lack of integrity; making a commitment then leaving because they aren’t haaappy. As if personal contentment were the only reason to remain married. I’m pretty sure they made some vows along the lines of sickness and health, happiness and sadness etc. But maybe I’m naive and old fashioned like that.

If there were a serious reason for the marriage to end we would have heard it, being that the topic is about self-justification.

Leave me and my honeysuckle out of it.
I need no reminders of something it's taken me this long to get past.

Rdor is one of those people where you can understand why certain people wouldn't want to be around him. Completely judgmental. People come to this forum for comfort and empathy during troubling times. Not to be ridiculed and tormented.

Having differing views is one thing, judging others views is another. Just because you think something, doesn't mean you have to say it. Especially when you know it is derogatory in nature. Learn to be a better person.

Knowing it will probably sound insincere, Eve I apologise for dragging up your past to support my opinion.

I have a habit of overstating opinions. That said some thought should be given to what the husband must be going through now.

rdor said:
Knowing it will probably sound insincere, Eve I apologise for dragging up your past to support my opinion.

I have a habit of overstating opinions. That said some thought should be given to what the husband must be going through now.

Apology accepted and one offered in return. I never thought for a moment that you would deliberately try to hurt me and I do feel your apology is sincere.
As for what the husband might be going through, I'll say the same as I did about the OP - I don't know any details and won't speculate, as I'm not in either of their shoes.
I know that you and I don't always agree on things, but we have found common ground on opinions many times in the past.

I thank you for the apology.

Latest posts

Back