Pay to play cosole

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
Dose anyone feel like they are being gouged to play online. I mean $60 US a year? Come On! Though some of us have more disposable income then others that doesn't mean they want to pay that much just to play online. Especially Microsoft, if there's a chance to get money they'll take it no doubt. At least Sony is giving us mercy with some games that are free to play like plantside and some other games. That's one of the reasons I want to switch to PC gaming. The rant is now over.

Well they say that the money goes towards maintaining a stable, reliable and constant service. From my experience this is bullshit, the ONLY benefit I can see is that you get more serious gamers that you otherwise wouldn't on a free service from Sony.

it's a scam and always has been.
the entire concept of pay to play online games was rejected completely by everyone when it first began, but then of course people can't help themselves.
just look at the profits that games like world of warcraft make?
they could let the entire world population play for free for the next 10yrs and still would come out ahead..

the only way to fight it is to not pay.
stick to games that have no monthly fee, or things like eve online where you can earn credits within the game to pay for a monthly subscription.

yo ho, yo ho!, a pirates life for me! =)

Latest posts

Back