So here's my story, I'm sure you can relate.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Effigy

It starts in high school. I was fairly happy and content with my life when during junior year, I met this guy and we started dating. Two years later, we went to separate colleges.

I don't know what happened, but freshman year didn't go very well. I rarely went out and few friends. My roommate didn't help as I went out more than she did. I spent that first year online mostly. But I did try to continue trying to date that guy from high school, let's call him Jimmy. Our long distance relationship went as well as any do and around Christmas he cheated on me and we broke up.

I eventually transfered to the college that Jimmy went to and I can't honestly say that it wasn't because of him, but I was in fact happier there.

Sophomore year I'm sure I was clinically depressed though I didn't seek out help for it. I was that crazy ex girlfriend that couldn't let go. It was a bad bad year. Still my only friends were my roommates really.

Junior year, things got better. I eventually went to group therapy, which I enjoyed, I started pledging a sorority, and Jimmy and I had developed something new in common, drugs, so we started hanging out a lot more. The sorority thing didn't work out. I'm still paying for that stint, I owe them over four hundred dollars.

Anyway...

Eventually Jimmy and I got back together and I moved in with him and it was a good life. We had fun together, we had a magnitude of dogs together (five to be exact). But I still didn't have a social life beyond him and all our time was spent together.

I believe this eventually lead to our downfall once again. At the beginning of senior year, we broke up again and I moved out with my dog. Jimmy immediately started dating this other girl and turned into a complete ********* to me. So I stopped talking to him for about a month and worked on developing my own life.

And it worked out more than I thought it would and when I thought I could handle it, I reestablished contact with Jimmy. And this brings up roughly up to date.

I do have more friends now than I've had in a while, though still not many. Combined with that and smoking in my spare time, I've managed to keep myself fairly content with my life. Then Jimmy and I went to our college's national championship football game (which we won) and we had an completely awesome time. The most fun I've had in a long long while.

Then I went home for Christmas and that's when the loneliness took over again. Jimmy is my best friend and I love spending time with him and I just cannot get enough of him and I try my best not to call him and to just leave him alone. And honestly I'm just waiting for his current relationship to end. And I don't want to date him anymore, I want someone new and this is mostly because of all the crap, he's put me through. I really want to meet new people and expand my social circle and date again, but I suck at it.

So here I am, on a website for lonely people looking for something to get me through the holidays. Advice is appreciated. The problem with being home for the holidays is that I know no one that lives near me as my parents moved when I left for college and I have little money to go out on my own.

So that's my story and after writing this I do feel a little better. I'm always open to talking to new people, so if anyone is interesting in chatting with me my AIM screenname is Twizzler360 or you can just PM me.

Happy holidays.

Latest posts

Back