30 and still single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovi88

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm 30 and i'm still single. All my life i just once been in a relationship. I have dated many guys but none of them comforts me. It's so hard to feel click with somebody. When i feel click, the guy already have girlfriend, or married. Most of my friends have already married, even had children. I just feel there's something wrong with me and i guess my family feel that way too. They are telling me to be more open, and not so quiet. They told me to join some activities, which i don't prefer. It's just so hard to get out of my comfort zone, which is stay home and play games or watch movies. There are so many people in my office and i begin to feel discomfort with them. I just want to be alone most times at lunch time. Please help.

Jovi88 said:
Hi there, i'm 30 and i'm still single. All my life i just once been in a relationship. I have dated many guys but none of them comforts me. It's so hard to feel click with somebody. When i feel click, the guy already have girlfriend, or married. Most of my friends have already married, even had children. I just feel there's something wrong with me and i guess my family feel that way too. They are telling me to be more open, and not so quiet. They told me to join some activities, which i don't prefer. It's just so hard to get out of my comfort zone, which is stay home and play games or watch movies. There are so many people in my office and i begin to feel discomfort with them. I just want to be alone most times at lunch time. Please help.

I think if replied to this with what I think I would get banned so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Jovi88 said:

There's nothing wrong with you - there are a lot of people who prefer being home watching movies and playing games. The hard part is that, because such people prefer to stay home, it is hard for them to meet other home bodies or introverts.

With the lunch thing, do you just not like to talk to people or do you have other things you would prefer to be doing (reading, etc.)?

As far as activities, are there any out there that you might enjoy? If not, then maybe you have to find the activity that is least objectionable.

theraab said:
Jovi88 said:

There's nothing wrong with you - there are a lot of people who prefer being home watching movies and playing games. The hard part is that, because such people prefer to stay home, it is hard for them to meet other home bodies or introverts.

With the lunch thing, do you just not like to talk to people or do you have other things you would prefer to be doing (reading, etc.)?

As far as activities, are there any out there that you might enjoy? If not, then maybe you have to find the activity that is least objectionable.

Hi there, i'm an introvert. I just don't like to talk to people. I like travelling. But in small groups only, maybe 1 or 2 people. And they have to be my best friends. So, you know, i feel really desperate with this introvert thing, and i just can't change it.

Jovi88 said:
Hi there, i'm an introvert. I just don't like to talk to people. I like travelling. But in small groups only, maybe 1 or 2 people. And they have to be my best friends. So, you know, i feel really desperate with this introvert thing, and i just can't change it.

So, the problem is that you want to find a new person (partner) who you are comfortable with, but you don't like to meet/talk to new people. Is the real question you're asking "How do I step out of my comfort zone?" or "How does an introvert find love?"

Triple Bogey said:
Jovi88 said:

I think if replied to this with what I think I would get banned so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

I'd like to hear it. :p Hit me with a PM and I'd like to hear your actual thoughts.

Jovi88 said:

I can sympathize with you there, I'm the same way. Socializing in groups or with people I barely know is not my thing.

theraab said:
Jovi88 said:

So, the problem is that you want to find a new person (partner) who you are comfortable with, but you don't like to meet/talk to new people. Is the real question you're asking "How do I step out of my comfort zone?" or "How does an introvert find love?"

Hello, yeah that's what i mean, how does an introvert find love?

Introverts generally get along well with other introverts. The problem, though, is that we are usually hiding inside or behind a book.

Jovi88 said:

Um... correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I feel like if you were looking for something more 'personal' and more 'deep' sentimentally talking...

I'm introvert too, and that's what I look for, not a lot of people to talk to. But If there were "someone special" I'd sure be open to her (maybe you're just hiding all those great and things about you, your cool thoughts, your funny jokes and all that sweetness because you're waiting for someone special to appreciate that?).

Maybe something like that?

Latest posts

Back