Years after McDonalds revealed the Big Mac...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
Burger King copies their sandwich, and releases it as "The Big King" sandwich.

Clicky.

I tried one tonight. What the hell, I thought? I was hungry, and didn't feel like cooking.

Oh, and it didn't taste exactly like the Big Mac. It tasted like a Whopper mixed with a Big Mac. The way that Burger King cooks their burgers, it was probably healthier than McD's version.

These guys are always copying off each other, Coke and Pepsi do it, DC Comics and Marvel Comics do it, it's the lay of the land. What works for one the other tries, if it flops the other tries to improve on it to ensure what went wrong with the other one doesn't go wrong with theirs. The circle of life...or in this case advertising and branding. I probably won't try it, not a King'er, more of a McD'er, plus the local one around here is under renovations and the other location I have no clue where it is at.

I'm actually more of a Burger King fan. Love their Whoppers, the BK Double Stacker, and their french fries.

Wendy's is my favorite Burger place, though. I eat there way too much.

Well what a waste of brain cells. They already had a competitor to the Big Mac with that massive thing they call the Whopper.

Considering the Big Mac was just a copy of a Big Boy, I don't understand why this is a Big Deal.

I shouldn't post anything in this thread, but...McDonalds, Burger King - they're both just gross! There's a reason their food is so cheap and comes in such a big portion, and it's not a good reason....It's a sub-standard, low quality, greasy, badly prepared, heart attack-inducing reason.

Sorry, not a fan of fast food....I used to like the ice coffee at McDonalds, though. Good stuff.

I used to prefer BK over McD's anyday of the week. But, having given up eating red meat, my options at any of those 2 eateries are very limited to say the least! I do remember the BK Chicken Royale being very good though! I may have to have one soon!

Locke said:
I shouldn't post anything in this thread, but...McDonalds, Burger King - they're both just gross! There's a reason their food is so cheap and comes in such a big portion, and it's not a good reason....It's a sub-standard, low quality, greasy, badly prepared, heart attack-inducing reason.

Sorry, not a fan of fast food....I used to like the ice coffee at McDonalds, though. Good stuff.

Uh oh, Locke, uh oh........... now we're running into a problem here. lol :D

Even looks like the same sauce they use on the Big Mac.

Another thing I've noticed is the new burger king chicken nuggets are exactly the same kind Mcds used to have in the early to mid 90's.
Not that I'm complaining.. I like both but it is interesting how much they copy. :)

daughter of the moon said:
Uh oh, Locke, uh oh........... now we're running into a problem here. lol :D

It's not a problem. :) Someday I'm going to cook you a meal that will make you forget about Taco Bell

Latest posts

Back