Lil Ol Lady or LOL

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishdoll

Reaction score
I guess I'm just feeling a lil down atm. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I feel so old here. I figured on a site like this there would have to be more people my age, but as it turns out, looks like that is not the case.
I'm just a lil frustrated trying to find someone or something to connect with. I have never been good with conversation or social etiquette and I live such a boring life. I have to make up lies just to stay in conversations, because the truth bothers people. No1 wants to hear about my bad day or how I never go anywhere or how I feel about issues.
I mean, what is the height of my day? Is it checking my e-mail every few mins for nothing but Spam? Or coming here to see if anything new has been posted or checking the chat room just to see other ppl having a good time and relating to one another? When I do interact with other people, it just seems so forced. Like people tolerate me, but really they wish I would go away. It's just a stupid feeling I get, I guess. Although, I've never been able to relate to people, I've always had a good sense about the way they feel towards me. Idk what it is, I can just feel the vibe in conversation. Maybe, it's from all the years I spent just being a wallflower and listening to other ppl at parties, etc.
Anyway, I just felt like sharing.

I also have a lot of problem relating with people, I've always been terrible at reading people too. I just wish i could know other peoples intentions.

I'm sorry you're feeling down, probably the worst thing about being lonely is dealing with boredom.

And remeber you're only as old as you feel, try to think young thoughts

Anyways i just wanted to say i hope you feel better, i hope this helps. *Hugs* :D

:/ sorry you feel that way...
I feel that way most of the time round here.
Then one day I realized I'm the 2nd highest poster here, so there really is no reason for me to feel that way except that it's just the way that as much as I understand (or at least try to) the way others feel, no one relates to me.
I guess I'm just dumb.

Irishdoll said:
I guess I'm just feeling a lil down atm. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I feel so old here. I figured on a site like this there would have to be more people my age, but as it turns out, looks like that is not the case.

That isn't really true. It's just most don't post very much. 80% of the people here almost never post. They read posts and maybe talk to people by PM's, but don't seem to have much to say. Bluey is 33. Also alot of people come and go.

I'm just a lil frustrated trying to find someone or something to connect with. I have never been good with conversation or social etiquette and I live such a boring life.

I don't see any problems.

I have to make up lies just to stay in conversations, because the truth bothers people. No1 wants to hear about my bad day or how I never go anywhere or how I feel about issues.
I mean, what is the height of my day? Is it checking my e-mail every few mins for nothing but Spam?

Sounds like your trying a bit too hard and being hard on yourself in the process.

Or coming here to see if anything new has been posted or checking the chat room just to see other ppl having a good time and relating to one another? When I do interact with other people, it just seems so forced. Like people tolerate me, but really they wish I would go away.

I doubt that. I know though for myself I tend to talk to the same people alot. Alot of my posts have to do with them, or replying to them. Or a topic I am interested in. I am sure people knowtice you. You just have to jump in and speak your mind.

It's just a stupid feeling I get, I guess. Although, I've never been able to relate to people, I've always had a good sense about the way they feel towards me.

What your feeling is your probably detecting your discomfort that bleeds off to other people and then back to you. Which basically amounts to you read that other people feel your uncomfortable. Only they can't fix that. Only you can fix that.

Idk what it is, I can just feel the vibe in conversation. Maybe, it's from all the years I spent just being a wallflower and listening to other ppl at parties, etc.
Anyway, I just felt like sharing.

Edit: I am also quite sure no one who is online is uncomfortable by you talking.... I mean face to face above. Often when people aren't comfortable in their own skin they might think others are uncomfortable when just the uncomfortable person is.. Which I know doesn't make it any easier, but it's like what you feel is yourself and not some kind of mind reading.

Doll, the only thing that i think might be the problem with Your (and our) age is that some of us might be afraid of You since the height of the day for most of us is similar to Yours. But You at least have experience that many here doesn't. You don't have to feel ashamed for not having anything to do. Most of us here are so desperate for something to do we'll do anything to make our time fly. Personally i'm one of the lucky one's since what i've been doing the last couple of months has been what i both like to do and believe is important; help people in on way or another. Your story about Little Man sure seemed to interest us! Why don't You share more of Your life with us? That's a good way to both get something to do, get stuff out if it's things that troubled You once upon a time, and might help people getting a perspective on their own lives. You might be older, but that means You're also wiser, and i think this might be what makes some hesitate to talk to You. On the other hand, there have been several people in Your age active here before, and this place isn't as active as it once was nowadays. You at least found some pen-pals i recall, so finding a few people who You are interested to talk to and vice versa might be what's best right now?

Irishdoll,

I've been or I am on many other forums. There are people of all ages fighting over politics like crazy on one battlefield forum lol...they are connecting with each other like that over one politics topics. Or theres also one topic about believing in God, and two men about 50 years old don't believe that He exists so they express their feelings very aggressively toward religious people half their age. That thread is like 3 years old and had prolly 1000 posts. Its still open. These two men have been banned and unbanned for insulting others. I was insulted so many times there that it was normal and fun after all. So these people stay connected to others this way and majority of the forum is agains them them and they get reported to the moderators all the time.But each diff person brings in something with them and these two with their arguing just keep the forum alive..with out them I wouldn't read that thread. On the other soft forum where forumers are mostly young guys crazy about computers and hackers and just few women, there was this supermoderator...he died unfortunately so admin rased him to admin status after he died last July. This guy helped others with his advise about life and stuff cause he was older than most.I wanted to post his pic but server is overloaded i cant get in.And still on another one womens forum about cooking..ppl of all ages share their recepies and then others complain that they only wasted their ingredients cause one woman gave a bad recepy....and one guy is involved in the womens forum that knows nooooothing about cooking but feels supressed by women or somth.. so he is there to mess up the cooking ideas..but they keep him..cause he is something extraordinary or something.
I just forgot the conclusion to sum up the whole thing cause im late for the bus....

ok I just woke up and kind of dont know what im trying to say...amd why im bringing them up
The whole point is You shouldn't feel bad or anyone else because this palce isnt for spacial age people ..but all that have something in common (msp)

and now im gonna go and have some mac&cheese with salad for breakfast..and oh sh** its raining...but such is life

..by pressing tab key...i just deleted half of this post somehow...**** itttttttttttttttt

Qui said:
:/ sorry you feel that way...
I feel that way most of the time round here.
Then one day I realized I'm the 2nd highest poster here, so there really is no reason for me to feel that way except that it's just the way that as much as I understand (or at least try to) the way others feel, no one relates to me.
I guess I'm just dumb.

lol Qui your not dumb your perfectly smart :)
My god....your all smart....

Irishdoll said:

If it means anything, we're practically the same age (I'll be 37 in June). I can't count how many times I've felt like the old man in these forums, but I continue to post because there's some good people here that don't deserve to feel like they do (including you and I ).

A lot of the people here are just really young. It makes us look old by comparison. If everyone else was eighty years old we'd look like the teenagers. It's all just a matter of context.

Besides, if any of these kids get out of line just tell me and I'll whack them with my cane or throw an orthopedic shoe at them. :)

JustLost said:
Besides, if any of these kids get out of line just tell me and I'll whack them with my cane or throw an orthopedic shoe at them. :)

aw have mercy..cause that hurts
lmao

hey >:/ I'm 17 and have orthopedic shoes.

lol, jk. I've just got shoe inserts.

lol Qui ^

I think that the age is only going to be a concern if you make it one. Must of the younger ppl here have no problem in talking to the older ones. I fined its the older ones that fined it difficult as they sometimes feel weird talking to someone much younger then them self. I am 33 and I talk to every one the same way regardless of age.

I do fined if someone don't wont to talk then they well not. So I would not be to concerned with that. It is a problem here though that a lot of the older ppl don't post as much cos of similar reasons as yourself. I would like moor older ppl to come here. I think that you may have a lot of import to give. There is other ppl on this sight that is of similar age and older. I think if you keep posting then other ppl of that age are older well as well. We just need a few to post and that well make a lot moor feel free to post. I don't know maybe make threads like who has gone fro a defers. Or maybe we should make a forum for anyone over say 25. Any one would be able to post still but in there and by having a forum like that it may attract older ppl that are here to post moor and to bring other older members in. Really its up to the older members to tell us and manly Robin what they wont as it well be him that gets what ever you wont done. So tell us what you think would attract moor of your age group here If that's what you wont. it is your messing Bord the members to do with what they plies anyway. we the moderator team just implicate it for you.

Thnx for all of the replies. I was really havin a hard day when I posted, but it's not just age. I think it has more to do with what you said in your response Bluey, about feeling awkward. I would assume as someone who is used to being mom and grandmother it may make it a little difficult at times. I'm becoming more aquainted with the site now and I think it will get easier. And again, thnx for all of the responses.

That's good to hear. The younger ppl here are I would say moor marcher then you might think. I mean they do have an understanding of life that is moor advance for there years. Not a good thing really but if they had not felt that pain then like you and me they would not be here. And one thing that going fro stuff that hurts dose is it makes you grow up faster then otherwise you would have.

Incognita said:
JustLost said:

lmao

LOL...I'll give everyone a choice: "shoe or cane".

Choose wisely! :D

Qui said:
hey >:/ I'm 17 and have orthopedic shoes.

lol, jk. I've just got shoe inserts.

I'm actually wearing sandals today. I won't be throwing these at anyone, they're too cute.

I hope I didn't insult anyone with bad feet. :(

JustLost said:
Incognita said:
JustLost said:

lmao

LOL...I'll give everyone a choice: "shoe or cane".

Choose wisely! :D

I think little spanking would do the job....lmao

plus youll find the most mature teen's here ive been mistaken for an adult on multiple occasions
Then again certain people havent talked to me because im younger.

Hijacc said:
plus youll find the most mature teen's here ive been mistaken for an adult on multiple occasions

Dude I would not say 37 is that young ;)

Bluey said:
Hijacc said:

Dude I would not say 37 is that young ;)

Right :p

Latest posts

Back