A greeting better left unmade

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siertes

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Maurice, age 28, from the lovely state of Washington in the US. In contrast to the topic title, I'm sure it will be a pleasure to meet you all :)

I'm not exactly what people would consider an interesting person, my personal excuse for ending up here in the first place. I enjoy gaming, zoning out on the internet, fair-weather day hikes, and I even dabble in writing when the inspiration is right.

As to what exactly brought me here, excluding the referral from a friend, it's that I've been suffering from the feelings of loneliness for most of my life. I like to say "I'm not lonely by choice but by my choices I am now lonely." I was never one to put a lot of effort into life and that lethargy has led me here, albeit on a rather convoluted path.

Anyway, I'm hoping to find some solace in being surrounded by others who understand the feelings floating around in my meager head space. While no one can ever know 100% of how someone else feels, perhaps, even in this, 60% could be a passing grade.

See you in the forums!

Welcome to the site.

Hey Maurice, welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for here.

And perhaps you care to elaborate on who that friend was that referred you here? :p
Come on, I want to see my name in print! lol

Great to see you here, I didn't think you'd join :)
*bighug*

And with picture! You are so brave! :)

Siertes said:
Hello everyone! My name is Maurice, age 28, from the lovely state of Washington in the US. In contrast to the topic title, I'm sure it will be a pleasure to meet you all :)

I'm not exactly what people would consider an interesting person, my personal excuse for ending up here in the first place. I enjoy gaming, zoning out on the internet, fair-weather day hikes, and I even dabble in writing when the inspiration is right.

As to what exactly brought me here, excluding the referral from a friend, it's that I've been suffering from the feelings of loneliness for most of my life. I like to say "I'm not lonely by choice but by my choices I am now lonely." I was never one to put a lot of effort into life and that lethargy has led me here, albeit on a rather convoluted path.

Anyway, I'm hoping to find some solace in being surrounded by others who understand the feelings floating around in my meager head space. While no one can ever know 100% of how someone else feels, perhaps, even in this, 60% could be a passing grade.

See you in the forums!

Latest posts

Back