Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life as a bald guy
My ex was military and when he started losing his hair, just kept it all shaved off anyway.
Didn't bother me in the least.
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(12-12-2013, 04:31 PM)rdor Wrote: Short story : I've been balding since I was 15 and for the last few years living under a cap, which I'm allowed at work since it's very casual here.

So a couple of days ago I took it off thinking all would be fine, everyone I knew would embrace the new look..

I've noticed quite a few smug looks and generally less respect from people out and about. Sure my closer friends have given the vote of confidence, but there's also been a lot of turned up noses from strangers and acquaintances. I guess this is just life for us baldies; basically eating a humble pie every day.

Hair gives the face and head proportion, without it you look like a giant baby. I hate it, but there's no dignified solution, other than donning a rug and getting some awful transplant surgery the results of which look pretty disastrous.

Looks matter, even well into adulthood, there's no magic number after which they don't, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed a different vibe.

You guys with hair don't know how lucky you are.

it depends if bald suits you !

I am balding and it has done me no favours at all !
In fact in my early 20's I did get a few 'your nice looking' comments. They soon stopped once my hair started to recede. Now I am more likely going to get called 'bald c**t'

I have a funny shaped head and losing my hair, I just look silly and ridiculous. With a full head of hair (like both my brothers), I know I would look better and more attractive.

I feel sorry for you. I would go back to wearing your cap. I wear a woolly hat in winter.
I don't think they were being funny because you were bald. Maybe they were having a good old look cause it was the first time they'd ever seen you without a hat, and that in itself was the novelty.

I genuinely don't know any women who find baldness an issue. My husband is pretty bald, but I find it rather attractive myself. Like others said, its percieved as manly, and for good reason too; male pattern baldness is caused by testosterone. Nature and evolution knows this, therefore when we (women) see a guy who is balding, our gut instinct is that its a manly thing.

Plus bald men are hot. Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel etc all much sexier without hair.

http://allwomenstalk.com/7-reasons-bald-men-are-sexy/2/
^( ;,; )^ 'Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!' ^( ;,; )^

Quote:The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
H.P. Lovecraft - The Call of Cthulhu
I am suffering from hair loss too. And unfortunately being bald does not fit to every face or head.

(12-13-2013, 02:13 AM)Lady X Wrote: Plus bald men are hot. Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel etc all much sexier without hair.

counterexamples:

[Image: justin-bieber-bald_300x400.jpg]

[Image: dr-evil.jpg]
(12-13-2013, 04:15 AM)Dexter Wrote: I am suffering from hair loss too. And unfortunately being bald does not fit to every face or head.

(12-13-2013, 02:13 AM)Lady X Wrote: Plus bald men are hot. Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel etc all much sexier without hair.

counterexamples:

[Image: justin-bieber-bald_300x400.jpg]

[Image: dr-evil.jpg]

exactly !

we have just been dealt a poor hand. I have, neither my 2 brothers or my dad have lost their hair. I did and it didn't do my looks any good at all. It's shite but nothing I can do. I would probably look at least 10 years younger with more hair.
Pft, I see your examples Dexter, and I raise you

[Image: Jason-Statham_10.jpg]

[Image: tom-hardy-shaved-head.jpg]

[Image: vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg]

Plus...
Dr Evil was made purposefully ugly with prosthetics, and not even a bald head could make Bieber a man lol
^( ;,; )^ 'Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!' ^( ;,; )^

Quote:The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
H.P. Lovecraft - The Call of Cthulhu
(12-13-2013, 04:34 AM)Lady X Wrote: Pft, I see your examples Dexter, and I raise you

[Image: Jason-Statham_10.jpg]

[Image: tom-hardy-shaved-head.jpg]

[Image: vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg]

Plus...
Dr Evil was made purposefully ugly with prosthetics, and not even a bald head could make Bieber a man lol

we don't look like those guys !
Bald isn't always good for every man !
Some bald men just look silly or creepy.
It's obviously an issue with some men, that's why they spend money on wigs or transplants or pills or whatever.
(12-13-2013, 04:39 AM)Triple Bogey Wrote: we don't look like those guys !
Bald isn't always good for every man !
Some bald men just look silly or creepy.
It's obviously an issue with some men, that's why they spend money on wigs or transplants or pills or whatever.

Yeah you have to have reasonable looks to begin with, the right head shape and strong features.

Plus some of these guys aren't even bald; as Larry David would say, they "aren't part of the bald community" Rolleyes
When I was younger, I often heard saying ,,If man is just a little bit prettier than a monkey, its enough".

What I´m trying to say is, that some people have bad acne through all of their lives, some have disproportional bodies, some have big noses, some are fat because of some medicinal reason, etc... You have something yours. And the matter of fact is, that there is many people with something of this kind. And we often accept the deficiencies in looks of others, and magnifying those that we have. But the other person is looking at us just like that.

And to get back to the "quote". In men, I think that there are way more important things than looks (and yes, for ladies as well, but I think its more severe than it is with them), such as success, confidence, masculinity we may say, or intellect. Those things, in perception of a man, surpass looks by a wide margin.

As you said, I may not understand, as my hair is quite magnificent (but I´m fat with big nose on the other hand), but what I would think, is that you are giving your hair, or lack of it, too big of a power over you.
This may sound stupid, but: ,,Fuck it"
Pshaw, I love bald guys, even non-movie stars!

-Teresa
En la boca cerrada no entran moscas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could another person be happy with your life? howtobealone 35 7,321 08-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: HappyBread
Sad Shyness destroying/taking control over my life, help? blendor 13 5,970 10-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ihabl
  My Life is ruined. Is it worth trying to find the pieces michael2 12 3,316 09-23-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Forsaken-Knight
  major life choice Major Derp 5 1,762 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Peaches
Exclamation Life in American High Schools slendy 5 2,238 09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  This is destroying my life Kale 12 3,808 01-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Last Post: LifeCoachWithL
Smile life is a bitch.......then u die chickmagneto 16 4,997 12-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Last Post: reloadlife23
  Sort of life story (Warning:potentially long text) bystander 2 1,909 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Naleena
  I have a pretty unique situation and feel messed up.. (life story) nik8455 2 3,278 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Last Post: dreamsurfer
  Life-long result of negative reactions from people maybelazy 19 8,321 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Sigma