Life as a bald guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of you saying you "love bald men", you forget that it only works for a certain shape of head, and a certain size and protrusion of ear.

Life isn't all peaches and cream, basically.

Anyone has still to post pictures of really bad looking bald men, justin bieber doesnt count.

EveWasFramed said:
If you care about someone, you wont give a flying rat's ass if they have hair or not.
True story.

I care about my friends, don't care about what they look like.

That has nothing to do with attraction though.

ardour said:
EveWasFramed said:
If you care about someone, you wont give a flying rat's ass if they have hair or not.
True story.

My ex was military - he kept his head shaved. He looked better with hair. I didn't care either way.

EveWasFramed said:
ardour said:
EveWasFramed said:
True story.

My ex was military - he kept his head shaved. He looked better with hair. I didn't care either way.

As bad as it sounds, if I had a girlfriend and she shaved her head then I really wouldn't like it at all...

a lonely person said:
Anyone has still to post pictures of really bad looking bald men, justin bieber doesnt count.

It is difficult to find bad looking bald men with google image search. As we have already seen some pics of celebrities in this thread, I will take one of them as an example (but remember that most people don't look like them, we are no Vin Diesels)
Let's take Tom Hardy as an example, I wouldn't say that he looks bad with a bald head, but he does definitely look better with hair on his head:

raw_20110907_tomhardy_170107.jpg

tom-hanson.jpg

Tom_Hardy.jpg

wenn2921974.jpg

And what is wrong with Justin as an example? :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Bald guys can look better. Peter Gabriel looks pretty good at 63 as a bald man.

It is no problem to loose your hair or to be bald with 63, but it might be a problem if you are 20 for example.

Nah he looks just fine in the first picture, in the second not so much but he also looks fatter there. Today I shaved my head, ill see how it goes tomorrow in the university.

if we want to go there and call it imperfection (I disagree) , let's say no hair is a smaller imperfection, one that can be overlooked easily, nobody is perfect and those who are perfect are unbearable anyway, so one has to find a way to make it (baldness) work, for instance Bruce Willis plays up the eyes, Vin Diesel counts on his muscles to make women look away from his skull, everyone has his own strategy, but I still think it's a minor physical fault, and if one can forgive really big ones for love, like having no legs or being all crooked or covered in scales etc, then baldness is really a non-issue. I know this guy (bald) who has seriously weird ears, spock-like weird, but they are so weird that every one looks at them first and at that point he makes this knowing smile, that seems to mean, "yes, they are great, aren't they? ;)" and everyone likes him immediately.

Peaches said:
if we want to go there and call it imperfection (I disagree) , let's say no hair is a smaller imperfection, one that can be overlooked easily, nobody is perfect and those who are perfect are unbearable anyway, so one has to find a way to make it (baldness) work, for instance Bruce Willis plays up the eyes, Vin Diesel counts on his muscles to make women look away from his skull, everyone has his own strategy, but I still think it's a minor physical fault, and if one can forgive really big ones for love, like having no legs or being all crooked or covered in scales etc, then baldness is really a non-issue. I know this guy (bald) who has seriously weird ears, spock-like weird, but they are so weird that every one looks at them first and at that point he makes this knowing smile, that seems to mean, "yes, they are great, aren't they? ;)" and everyone likes him immediately.

The majority of women seem to prefer hair, and some would be too ashamed to date a bald man. (read: some)

Guys who shave their heads aren't bald and they don't look bald unless it's an extremely close shave.

Peaches said:
never EVER tell Bruce Willis that he looks like a giant baby...

:)

You guys with hair don't know how lucky you are.
[/quote]

I'm sorry the reaction u've received from some of your colleagues has dampened yo spirit. U were very gutsy for deciding to bare it all-i hope this was more for yoself than to gain approval from others. Give it time; I'd like to think yo colleagues will come around once they get used to the new look. At the end of the day, there's more to u than yo hair.

a lonely person said:
Men with shaved heads appear more masculine

Agree, especially if they have a personality!

I went to get a haircut and they used that machine that shaves you really close.Then I went home and wasnt satisfied with it so I just grabbed my shaver and shaved all of it, I really like it more like this. Now I wont have to worry about how my hair looks when its long, or how prominent are my receding hairlines when its short. My head shape is not perfect, I like it more how it looks from the side than from the front though. Its not like I was getting a lot of attention with hair anyway.

ardour said:

The majority of women seem to prefer hair, and some would be too ashamed to date a bald man. (read: some)

Guys who shave their heads aren't bald and they don't look bald unless it's an extremely close shave.

the majority of people is stupid, this I agree, and just like the majority of guys prefers perfect bodies without cellulite it might very well be that the majority of girls prefer hair, still there is a lot of folks with cellulite and without hair who seem to get by

Peaches said:

the majority of people is stupid, this I agree, and just like the majority of guys prefers perfect bodies without cellulite it might very well be that the majority of girls prefer hair, still there is a lot of folks with cellulite and without hair who seem to get by

At least cellulite is easier to hide than a bald head.

Unfortunately the world is superficial and we can't change that.

I believe you may have been so worried about people's reactions that you just thought people were looking at you as if you looked bad. As a woman, I am going to tell you that I think bald men are sexy. I think men that are going bald or get their heads shaved or do it themselves is a whole new look that can be very attractive. Getting a wig something like that is like a woman stuffing her bra! Just be yourself! I am disabled, as practically everyone on here knows, for mental illness, and a lot of people make fun of me. I don't care anymore what people say about me or think about me. The people that know me and care about me don't do it, and the people that do aren't going to ruin one second of my life by me letting them rent space in my head! Be proud of who you are and how you look. Have a great Holiday and just be yourself! I bet you look just fine! :)

I think bald heads are attractive. Or maybe it's the personality that brings me toward a person but still, I don't mind the head.

Meet James Badge Dale... If I had to choose, I like his lack of hair.

I think any guy can look great with no hair if they are comfortable with their own skin. And I mean no matter the imperfections, oddly shaped head or huge ears and what not. I am actually really fond of flaws. The stuff everyone hates about theirselves is what I love most about them.

^And his reason for balding his head is because he probably thinks having that huge receding hair line makes him look bad. So yeah, going bald has it's uses/advantages. Sometimes having hair can pose a problem..

ardour said:
Short story : I've been balding since I was 15 and for the last few years living under a cap, which I'm allowed at work since it's very casual here.

So a couple of days ago I took it off thinking all would be fine, everyone I knew would embrace the new look..

I've noticed quite a few smug looks and generally less respect from people out and about. Sure my closer friends have given the vote of confidence, but there's also been a lot of turned up noses from strangers and acquaintances. I guess this is just life for us baldies; basically eating humble pie every day.

Hair gives the face and head proportion, without it you look like a giant baby. I hate it, but there's no dignified solution, other than donning a rug and getting some awful transplant surgery the results of which look pretty disastrous.

Looks matter, even well into adulthood, there's no magic number after which they don't, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed a different vibe.

Don't worry about what others think, are they feeding or housing you?

Besides, balding is in, look at some of the movie stars like telley sevalis and others. Just take care of yourself.

reloadlife23 said:
ardour said:
Short story : I've been balding since I was 15 and for the last few years living under a cap, which I'm allowed at work since it's very casual here.

So a couple of days ago I took it off thinking all would be fine, everyone I knew would embrace the new look..

I've noticed quite a few smug looks and generally less respect from people out and about. Sure my closer friends have given the vote of confidence, but there's also been a lot of turned up noses from strangers and acquaintances. I guess this is just life for us baldies; basically eating humble pie every day. ps

Hair gives the face and head proportion, without it you look like a giant baby. I hate it, but there's no dignified solution, other than donning a rug and getting some awful transplant surgery the results of which look pretty disastrous.

Looks matter, even well into adulthood, there's no magic number after which they don't, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed a different vibe.

Don't worry about what others think, are they feeding or housing you?

Besides, balding is in, look at some of the movie stars like telley sevalis and others. Just take care of yourself.
ps

Latest posts

Back