Life as a bald guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My folic challenges control the weather
As soon as I cut it short the weather turns cold

Jack Rainier said:
Whatever gender and state of baldness, one could always wear a hat.

I've been going bald "on top" since my mid 20's and I always make sure I'm hatted up before I got out  ;)

Hey guys !
Can I say something about that ?what other people thinks about baldy It doesn't matter ,someone's behavior and kindness only matter ,if someone's personality or behavior is kind for other people then it didn't even matter at all if that person is baldy or anything.
And I bet you looks cute Ardour.

pinocio said:
Hey guys !
    Can I say something about that ?what other people thinks about baldy It doesn't matter ,someone's  behavior and kindness only matter ,if someone's personality or behavior is kind for other people then it didn't even matter at all if that  person is baldy or anything.

No, and I do not look like all those bald guys with attractive head shapes and facial structures. It looks like my head had been caught in an elevator door and when I smile I look like an idiot.

ardour said:
pinocio said:
Hey guys !
    Can I say something about that ?what other people thinks about baldy It doesn't matter ,someone's  behavior and kindness only matter ,if someone's personality or behavior is kind for other people then it didn't even matter at all if that  person is baldy or anything.

No, and I do not look like all those bald guys with attractive head shapes and facial structures. It looks like my head had been caught in an elevator door and when I smile I look like an idiot.
Nope ! Looks doesn't even matter AT ALL ,but the truth is you think yourself like that, cuz someone tried to made you realize that you don't look good ,but the fact is you looks like an average person.

If someone don't treat you well or don't show his or her kindness then that people are totally s...t.
But I want to know this that who are the person in the world that told you that you look idiot when you smile ?I will give him or her my best to make them know about humanity .
Just don't believe what people said bad about you.

My plan if I go balding is to shave it all off and work out a lot. None of this comb-over nonsense and fretting, just straight to the "I wrestle bears for fun" look ;)

(Optional) Grow some stubble or a beard to make up for it too.

Lots of women actually really love that look. And you get respect from guys for being in physical shape regardless of hair.

Mind you, I do feel self conscious about it. As far as I can tell my hair is fine right now, but I do worry about losing it because I'm not used to seeing myself without it.

TheSolitaryMan said:
(Optional) Grow some stubble or a beard to make up for it too.

Lots of women actually really love that look. And you get respect from guys for being in physical shape regardless of hair.

Not for everyone. The bald/shaved head + beard works if you have a large(ish) head, wide forehead, features that are well-spaced apart and a strong jawline: an already attractive, typically masculine bone structure.

If your features are narrow, your cranium small or funny shaped,  then a bald head does you no favours and a beard looks gross.

ardour said:
pinocio said:
Hey guys !

No, and I do not look like all those bald guys with attractive head shapes and facial structures.  It looks like my head had been caught in an elevator door and when I smile I look like an idiot.

I highly, highly doubt this.

VanillaCreme said:
ardour said:
pinocio said:
Hey guys !

No, and I do not look like all those bald guys with attractive head shapes and facial structures.  It looks like my head had been caught in an elevator door and when I smile I look like an idiot.

I highly, highly doubt this.

Well okay then an unusually narrow head and unappealing features. Hair would have at least have provided a better proportion to that.
Bald only works with a large head and attractive widely spaced features, otherwise it just accentuates the negative.

Hey Ardour,
If you stop thinking like that ,you will feel better about yourself .think positive about everything that you are .
And everyone know, that no one is perfect in this world.

ardour said:
Well okay then an unusually narrow head and unappealing features. Hair would have at least have provided a better proportion to that.
Bald only works with a large head and  attractive widely spaced features, otherwise it just accentuates the negative.

I think you're being too hard on yourself. Don't see the negative just because it's you. I think bald would work with pretty much any shape and size.

ardour said:
Short story : I've been balding since  I was 15 and for the last few years living under a cap, which I'm allowed at work since it's very casual here.

So a couple of days ago I took it off thinking all would be fine, everyone I knew would embrace the new look..

I've noticed quite a few smug looks and generally less respect from people out and about. Sure my closer friends have given the vote of confidence, but there's also been a lot of turned up noses from strangers and acquaintances. I guess this is just life for us baldies;  basically eating humble pie every day.  

Hair gives the face and head proportion, without it you look like  a giant baby.  I hate it, but there's no dignified solution, other than donning a rug and getting some awful transplant surgery the results of which look pretty disastrous.

Looks matter, even well into adulthood, there's no magic number after which they don't,  otherwise I wouldn't have noticed a different vibe.  

You guys with hair don't know how lucky you are.

Yes, I can understand what you have said. However balding is something that is by and large genetic, partly it's due to your lifestyle and eating habits. Lifestyle and eating habits can be controlled but genetics cannot be controlled, so yes I can understand how it must be for you, but if I have not heard of many people beginning to lose hair since the age of 15!. 15 years of age is too young to start losing hair, normally that doesn't happen unless it's in your genes to lose hair.

However the way you have written post, if I am not wrong it looks like you have accepted this happily which is good.

Yes, I still have head full of hair and there is absolutely no sign of balding, it seems I cannot lose hair and you are right, I am very lucky indeed. I know that. I am thankful to my genetics for this .However on a regular basis I also take care of my hair.

"Love yourself.it's important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out."
:)

Latest posts

Back