What's your OCD?

• Thread starter daughter of the moon
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

daughter of the moon

My current most annoying (to me) is, whenever I leave the apartment and know I'm not coming back within ten minutes, I have to go back to the fridge several times and make sure the door is really shut. lol

That's not too bad. Sometimes I can be mad with the position of things. My DVDs need to be stacked nicely. The draws need to be closed firmly. Everything has to be laid out in such a way or it bothers me. Only sometimes though.

Oh! I can also be mad about wiping things. When I first got my PS3 and BlackBerry a year ago, I would wipe them SO much!! Don't do it any more though. Don't do it enough these days :p

Gutted said:
That's not too bad. Sometimes I can be mad with the position of things. My DVDs need to be stacked nicely. The draws need to be closed firmly. Everything has to be laid out in such a way or it bothers me. Only sometimes though.

hehe, yeah but I consider that almost "normal" behavior, therefore I wouldn't even bother mentioning it. lol
I had some really freaky ones when I was young ("when I was young"... sigh. lol), but was able to muster up the willpower to overcome them. Included a weird way of licking my lips and my fingers, funky stuff like that.

The cans in my pantry seem to magically align themselves, with all labels facing outward, lol.
I never even remember doing it.

You are still young DOTM! Licking your lips must have got you some interesting looks? Lol

Gutted said:
You are still young DOTM! Licking your lips must have got you some interesting looks? Lol

Yes..........yes indeed. But not in the way that I assume you are thinking of :club:

lol

I wonder if I'll get more entries in this thread....hmmm.

I get OCD about many little things. Position of items, the way my clothes are folded - oh that's gotta be the most common, daily type of OCD I have. I always re-fold what someone else may have folded for me. :S

EveWasFramed said:
The cans in my pantry seem to magically align themselves, with all labels facing outward, lol.

Rofl... right. :p

ladyforsaken said:
I get OCD about many little things. Position of items, the way my clothes are folded - oh that's gotta be the most common, daily type of OCD I have. I always re-fold what someone else may have folded for me. :S

EveWasFramed said:

Rofl... right. :p

:cool:

one thing that I used to always do that I haven't in a while.. is play the same song over and over and over again.
I started doing it when I would learn a song on guitar or trying to memorize lyrics, but then it evolved into repetitive listening driving it into my head. it got to where I can have the lyrics to almost any song memorized after listening to it 10x in a row.
I've literally had people bang on the walls and yell "change the goddamn song!"

Walley said:
one thing that I used to always do that I haven't in a while.. is play the same song over and over and over again.
I started doing it when I would learn a song on guitar or trying to memorize lyrics, but then it evolved into repetitive listening driving it into my head. it got to where I can have the lyrics to almost any song memorized after listening to it 10x in a row.

I do that a lot when I first hear a song that I instantly fall in love with. I think once I played Howie Day's "Collide" for over an hour straight. LOL

I obsess about making sure the front and back door to my house is closed and locked. I've lived in some bad neighborhoods, so I guess it's an old habit.

Walley said:

ahah, I can do that for hours, once I made a guy throw up with that (he was already kind of drunk)

Whenever I'm at work and the door alarm goes off when some product wasn't deactivated, I'll always say aloud "I didn't do it. Swear to god!" Doesn't matter where I am or who's around, I can't stop myself from saying it.

Siertes said:
Whenever I'm at work and the door alarm goes off when some product wasn't deactivated, I'll always say aloud "I didn't do it. Swear to god!" Doesn't matter where I am or who's around, I can't stop myself from saying it.

Guilty conscience? ;-)

daughter of the moon said:
Siertes said:

Guilty conscience? ;-)

But I didn't do it! :(

Siertes said:
daughter of the moon said:
Siertes said:

Guilty conscience? ;-)

But I didn't do it! :(

I know :)

I have one of the laziest forms of OCD in existence. Whenever I park my car, I almost always 1) back it in, so when it's time to go I can just pull out, & 2) have to get it aligned with the white stripes on the asphalt. Crookedly parked cars are one of my minor pet peeves.

I also share the lock-checking urge with Locke (corny joke!). It's not as bad now as it used to be in my twenties but then, we have the same reason. Ghettos suck.

MTrip said:
I have one of the laziest forms of OCD in existence. Whenever I park my car, I almost always 1) back it in, so when it's time to go I can just pull out, & 2) have to get it aligned with the white stripes on the asphalt. Crookedly parked cars are one of my minor pet peeves.

I also share the lock-checking urge with Locke (corny joke!). It's not as bad now as it used to be in my twenties but then, we have the same reason. Ghettos suck.

Well, I don't live in a ghetto, but I'm a single gal living alone in a ground floor apartment, so I don't trust anyone, naturally.
During the night, my little can of pepper spray is parked on my nightstand. lol

My ocd is that I sometimes stupidly can't stop touching my hair. My hair is thick and it slides so nicely thru my fingers lol.. I'm not gay.

Latest posts

Back