Loneliness I guess

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doughnut

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Paul and I'm 26. I'm not a very lonely person on paper, but I can easily identify with some of the feelings I see posted on this site. The alienation, a want for real meaningful companionship. I spend a lot of time drinking, which could be responsible for a large part of my negativity problems. Even during completely innocent and fun conversation, I often feel tormented by this dreadful feeling of isolation, during and after. I'm good at hiding it I think, however that takes tons of energy. I've got a loving family, a job, I go to college. Everything should feel fine right? I feel frozen. I lay in my bed at night and want it to stay dark. I feel like something needs to change, but I'm beginning to wonder if it ever will. Am I a slave to my own consciousness forever? I want to live, love, and be happy, but it's getting harder by the day. In a world with so much to appreciate, I somehow focus on the the ugly parts.

Hey
I sorry to hear about your troubles.
I hope that you can find people in this forum to help you out, in whichever form that may be.
There are nice and understanding people in here, so I guess you can be more open towards them than you are towards the ones around you.

Welcome Paul, I get what you mean.
That feeling where everything is going relatively smoothly, but you still don't feel great.
Hopefully we all get out of that rut!

Hey Paul, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Hi, hope you will find someone who can help you get things sorted out... I think a little bit of optimism wont hurt.. :)

I feel that way too sometimes, and tend to fill the void with materialistic things when I should really be appreciating what I have and helping others. It's just hard sometimes.. but please do not rely on alcohol to solve your problems, it's not the answer!

Latest posts

Back