Health Topics

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't "buy" anything from "them". All I put it up for was they have easy to read information that is well organized.

Sadly, Consumer Labs lists probiotics that they recommend, but they don't have any info on candida elimination products.

It's good that you brought that up though as to me I didn't even consider buying "their" products. I never even looked at that part. Most sites like this over charge for what you can get cheaper from a health food outlet. Which you get a better selection and they are better equiped to give you information about more then one product.

S. boulardii ?

Here is what I recently got off of iherb which is a recommeneded probiotic from Consumer Labs. http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4932

Oh and especially that first link. The reason I am using "s is because my guess would be their product is crap. I just wanted to make sure I was being clear.

Is the word your looking for "fishy" or "suspicious" :) ya, it is a little.

Can this thread be renamed to.

Health Topics: What a person with anxiety or depression can look into.

Ok.............

Attachments

• China-FDA_600.jpg
    China-FDA_600.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 5
  • FDA_training_600.jpg
    FDA_training_600.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 5
Princess Cleocatra said:
Skorian said:
S. boulardii ?

You've never heard of Saccharomyces boulardii? Dude!! I can send you some info on it, if you're interested.. And you do know about amalgam fillings being a huge no-no and what about folic acid??

Here is what I recently got off of iherb which is a recommeneded probiotic from Consumer Labs. http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4932

That's all well and good, but S. boulardii would more than likely be more beneficial because it not only re-establishes the good flora, but it reduces the bad yeast to a manageable level..

I know that fillings contain mercury and that studies show that it wreaks havoc. And that most people don't know how dangerous the fillings really are. To the extent that in some places dentists are required by law to posts warnings about it. Mercury is BAD!!!!

What about folic acid and S. boulardii ?

What I am familiar with is Caprylic Acid.

Some extreamly toxic substances: Mercury, lead, arcenic, fluoride

A toxic substances list: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaq.html

Interesting Site: http://www.teachingsmiles.com/wst_page10.html

Cool, was wondering :)

I have probably heard what you will say about folic acid before, but never hurts to hear stuff again. Or maybe it's something new :)

I am always concerned about my general health and even subscribe to the efective usues of homeopatic medicines. I was very intrested in alot of what i see here. However, I don't know how any of it is really playing out for me. My family history contains so many problems with hereditary cancers and diabetes. I know alot of times they can also skip a generation. So far, I count myself as lucky. I just had an entire blood work up recently and found out I am as fit as a fiddle. How does this play out with my daily habits? I am forced to rely on what I like to be deemed as a 'Poor man's diet", that being nothing but the most unhealthy of foods. I smoke, gotta quit that nasty habit soon. I get relatively no exercise. And, my only complaints are stress, depression and occasional anxiety attacks (brought on by stress overload, so I'm told). I have at least 5 mercury fillings, because back then the good stuff was a luxury. There is definitely more to it than just lifestyle. If this is what 40 has brought, I'm dying to check out 60 heh. Good lord don let me live to be a 100, I'd prolly die of boredom. :)

Princess Cleocatra said:
Ok, today's informative health post is on DNA and the importance of both SAM (s-adenosylmethionine) and the importance of folic acid.

If you've been one of the unlucky people who have had multiple x-rays for various health issues you might want to consider this: Each time you under go an x-ray every molecule in your body is at risk of losing an electron.. If the photon from the x-ray collided with a DNA molecule and knocked off an electron, harm could easily be done to your DNA. To the rescue; SAM. SAM and his supply of methyls which help to replace broken part of our DNA. In broken parts, I am referring to information, not structure. Why is SAM so important? Simple. SAM is unique in being able to deliver the the most fundamental material needed for making and repairing molecules all over your bio-chemisty; single carbon atoms in the form that are referred to as methyl groups.

Our DNA is protected by antioxidant mechanisms, however its repair is dependent on an inter-connected group of substances consisting of amino acids, that are the sources of the groups of methyl; SAM, folic acid, B-12 and B-6..A mechanism exists within the nucleus of each or our cells for the repair of our DNA molecule that might be damaged.. And that crucial mechanism is folic acid.

Folic acid is also crucial in preventing cancer. Cancer arises in tissues that are busy being renewed, such as the lungs, digestive, reproductive and so forth. This is because the supply of reparative methyls fails for lack of folic acid. The reason many of us are so concerned about the toxic affects of radiation is because the damage is causes to DNA can be passed from cell to cell. This is one reason why some women are opting out of their yearly mammograms; being exposed to radiation can ultimately cause cancer.

Folic acid helps to prevent cancer in one of two ways: 1. it supports the synthesis of healthy DNA and 2. it helps to repair damaged DNA. At least 400mcg per day of folic acid is advised, though for many the need is much higher, and it is best taken at bed-time when our bodies do their growth, regeneration and repair.

And for those who are skeptical, you will not see ads touting the benefits of folic acid, nor will your doctor advise you take folic acid, since many of them pooh-pooh the whole notion of vitamins. If a doctor orders a routine test for folic acid, it is to spot a deficiency, not to measure whether or not you have the optimum protection for repair of your treasured DNA.

I hope this of use to some, it took me awhile to gather all this information and place it into a few mere paragraphs so as to be easily understood.. :)

To be continued..

PS And this is NOT information I have obtained from the interent, but through my classes on Detoxification and Healing.

Pretty cool stuff. I didn't know that about Folic Acid. Didn't know it was linked to cancer. Though I suppose all major vitamins and minerals play a role in cancer prevention. I take mega doses, because I was told to do so. Having been anemic and all. Also, I should point out it's SAMe or SAM-e.

Irish. When you go in and get bloodwork. They compare you to others who are considered outright diseased. Doctors are only interested in if you have some serious illness. They can not actually say that your healthy. Passing your average bloodwork doesn't mean your in good health. It just means they didn't detect anything potentially life threatening. What you can say is your not in horrible health. To say your in good health though is miss leading. They do tend to tell people whatever people want to hear, but really that isn't what I would call "the truth".

Here is sort of the way to look at it. Say you were going to go take a test. To pass that test you need to get at least 60% of the questions right. So you go in and get 65% correct. This according to a doctor would be called good health. Because they aren't looking to see if your healthy. They are looking to see if you pass. Obviously I don't know how your bloodwork came out, but this is how standard medical care looks at bloodwork. Most people don't realize that this is how standard medical care works. They aren't telling you you have a score of 90 to 100% It's very missleading.

What Cleo is talking about isn't really homeopatic medicine. Maybe Cleo can explain this better. Basically there are different types of natural medicine. Homeopatic medicine is sort of hoaky to me. It uses tiny amounts of herbs in preperations where the dose is so low I can hardly see where it wouldn't just be a placebo effect. It would be like taking 1/100th or 1/1000th of a mg of white willow bark for a headache. White willow bark is what asprin is. Only asprin I believe is synthetic chemicals made to be simular to white willow bark.

Princess Cleocatra said:
Actually homeopathy is not just about herbs, but it involves the "whole" person approach to wellness..

Aren't you talking about holistic medicine? http://www.holisticmedicine.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=1 (interesting link I just found)

Or perhaps naturopathic medicine? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturopathy

Or Asian Medicine.

Homeopathy is specifically the use of tiny amounts of tinctures to treat ailments. It's not even really herbalism. I know alot of people missunderstand and miss use the term because it's not used enough so people really know what it means.
Here is homeopathic medicine as I know it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

Though perhaps homeopaty and homeopathic medicine are two different things? When I think of homeopathy I think of tinctures. Herbs suspended often in alcohol. I think alot of people misstakenly miss use the term not really knowing that homeopathy is a branch of natural medicine. One that in many cases gives natural medicine a bad name. As it totally defy's alot of reasoning. You see what I am saying?

Still sounds like your talking about other branches of natural medicine.

Anyways, I found a very interesting link on aspartame http://dorway.com/

Be sure to watch the video on there as it does a very good job of explaining why mainstream media should be renamed useless gibbering. They aren't doing their job "at all" anymore. They are selling out more and more for a quick buck and since we only have a few mainstream groups watching our backs it's easyer to buy them out. Seek alternative forms of independant media.

Oh and Monsanto = Pure Evil.

Here is a very good explanation of the war going on between alternative medicine and mainstream medicine and why. There is no question to those who are familiar with what is going on that there is an all out war going on. So http://www.quackpotwatch.org/WisconsinWar/who_are_these_so.htm

I am doing more research on several topics "none Iraq related" This post is off topic of this thread, but atm I don't want to create a seperate thread. Anyways, I have seen a great many very evil things that Monsanto is doing and just thought I would share these so people would understand why I say Monsanto = Evil. It sort of gives people an idea of what is going on in the world today and why I have such a hair up my butt about a bunch of things big buisnesses are doing. They are going TOO far. Which is a total understatement. It is more like some sort of insanity. Reducing genetic deversity is suicidal.

Monsanto Patent for a Pig http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Monsanto+Patent+for+a+Pig+(Pt.&search_type=

There is a good chance you have eaten GMO food. It makes some people very sick. How would you know if it affected you? Well there is no law that requires it to be labeled in the US. http://www.truthinwellness.com/blog#americans_are_apparently_quite_stupid

Hello.
Thank you very much for sharing information of Health related. I like your topic about health. That's indeed a good post which is very informative article.

I see the both links that you have shared over here.Well the points that you have shared by those links are quit interesting.Such communities are the best way to make the people aware from such health related topics. (*which i will take as an open invitation to sell my crap*)

This an industry... People are in it to make money...

For instance... Candidiasis can be diagnosed quite easily with a simple saliva test or stool culture. It's not difficult to cure, either. If you think you have candida problems, go see your doctor. It's not like some miracle infection that everybody has and nobody can diagnose as these holistic websites would lead you to believe, and it doesn't take some cleansing product to get rid of it, either.

Furthermore, there are herbs out there that are being sold that can hurt you and screw up your body worse than whatever little irritation you're trying to cure.

So don't get the idea that herbal medicine is some happy go lucky playground of health, cures, and good intentions, just because you can buy it over the counter... This stuff is medicine, and should only be taken under the advice of a qualified professional.

Western medicine has every desire to cure as many people as they can afford to. If there's much to be said about all these studies and risks and findings, believe me, the medical community knows about it and takes it into consideration.

However a good naturopath is also a trained professional who specialize in a more broad approach of lifestyle, diet, etc, and works in coooperation with Western medicine.

There is a national organization of qualified and respectable naturopaths. I would personally advise you to speak to one before you start getting all worked up about something you read on the internet.

Herbal medicine has largely been ignored by the FDA. So just remember that even though they're selling it, doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be safe.

It's basically a realm that mixes the paranoid, the dillusional, the psychotic, the fanatic, and the obsessive hypocondriacs, and those fearing impending doom who would buy anything that might have the slightest chance of curing them, with corrupted and misinterpreted science, and a lack of regulations and social responsibility, in a field that is, on the professional level, otherwise well intended, and entirely respectable... It's a dangerous mix because it can lure people into believing some of the wildest bullshit if they don't know any better.

I am doing my second presentation in health class. No restrictions, just a speech on any health topic. I did asthma last time.. I tried to stay away from typical topics such as breast cancer, etc. Any help? I like to be out of the box.

hi there man,well it was very long thread and you are doing very detail work man good job.

Latest posts

Back