Really Bad Day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishdoll

Reaction score
First, idk if this goes here, but oh well. I really needed to get this day off my chest. It's not a rant and rave or a shout or even to vent any anger. I just need to release this day. I didn't want to discuss the issue today, because I didn't want pity or for ppl to feel srry for me, etc. It really gets so redundant after awhile. (Not that feeling support sometimes isn't appreciated)
Where to begin....
I got up and made coffee. Got dressed and bought smokes (with the last of my money). I've been out of work now for almost a month and my soon to be ex that lives here has not worked in almost a year. I take care of us. So, yeah, flat broke.
I got home and started calling all of the food places open today. Every single one of them could not help me, because i had no way to get there. I live in a part of the city that has no services of that nature and so I was stuck. No gas, no bus fare, nothing to do except say we have no food for the next 3 days. I can't wait to see how this is gonna go over with the teenager when he starts gettin real hungry.
I was supposed to call about a job interview I had gone to. I thought for sure I had it. She even told me I was her first choice, asked me to call back, etc. I called today and was told she was too busy to talk and could she call me back. Sure, np. It's 7 hours later and nothing. She told me she wasn't going to call back one of her interviews, because she didn't like to tell them she didn't want to hire them, sheesh, I'm feelin like the idiot atm.
I've been surfin all day trying to find a place to just watch other people talk and feel good about their lives. All I did though was remind myself of my situation. Every1 was on the subject of food all day. I just can't escape.
The soon to be ex is useless, even cleaning house. He's been stuck on his video game all day, so no help there. Nothing left to pawn, only thing left of value are the laptops, but they are rented (which reminds me payment is due). I can't even get to a place to try to get my pension, because I don't have the gas to go. I was hopin I would, but the ex took money I was savin while I was asleep.
With no money, no job and nowhere to go; how am I supposed to feel? Numb I tell you. That's all there is anymore. Just breathing to exist. No purpose or fulfillment or hope. I just can't even finish this. It's all been my fault for not seeing what was in front of me. I put myself in this situation. Please, take something useful from these words (if there is anything useful about them). Thnx for listening.

Well fist off all spending your last money on fags is not going to help anyone get feed. But if you have nothing and even kids that need feeding then phone your social services up and explain the situation to them and they are obliged to make sure you do not starve. OK its kinder degrading but better that then the other.

Keep strong though and most importantly do not panic. That well not help. you need to be thinking clearly. Good job you got the fags in one way there I would say. And I don't mean to pull you down on that. I have smoked and I know how addicting them evil little sticks can be.

Doll, it seems You blame this on Yourself with "I put myself in this situation". How about getting more organized? Creating a little list or something which You can check each day? Getting our lives out on paper can make us see things much more clear.

You know when i read all about what you have been through today I feel incredibly guilty at moaning about having no friends. It seems kind of insensitive of me to think that I have problems. I am a Head in a school and earn more money than my mom and dad put together, I am healthy and own my own house and car...but what is the use of possessions if you don't have that network to share them with.

If you ever feel the need to rant or rave, or tell it as it is I am always about. I am a very good listener.

I can practically feel the frustration in your words...maybe because I've been in similar situations before.

Here's the good news: It will pass. Things never stay terrible forever, it just seems like they do.

Also, I totally understand about the smokes. There's a reason cigarettes are sold in such large volumes. They're terrible for you and they stink, but unfortunately they also help you relax. I know because I've tested this theory thousands of times. You know, just to be sure.

I'm sending good thoughts your way. I hope they help.

Irishdoll said:
First, idk if this goes here, but oh well. I really needed to get this day off my chest. It's not a rant and rave or a shout or even to vent any anger. I just need to release this day. I didn't want to discuss the issue today, because I didn't want pity or for ppl to feel srry for me, etc. It really gets so redundant after awhile. (Not that feeling support sometimes isn't appreciated)
Where to begin....
I got up and made coffee. Got dressed and bought smokes (with the last of my money). I've been out of work now for almost a month and my soon to be ex that lives here has not worked in almost a year. I take care of us. So, yeah, flat broke.
I got home and started calling all of the food places open today. Every single one of them could not help me, because i had no way to get there. I live in a part of the city that has no services of that nature and so I was stuck. No gas, no bus fare, nothing to do except say we have no food for the next 3 days. I can't wait to see how this is gonna go over with the teenager when he starts gettin real hungry.
I was supposed to call about a job interview I had gone to. I thought for sure I had it. She even told me I was her first choice, asked me to call back, etc. I called today and was told she was too busy to talk and could she call me back. Sure, np. It's 7 hours later and nothing. She told me she wasn't going to call back one of her interviews, because she didn't like to tell them she didn't want to hire them, sheesh, I'm feelin like the idiot atm.
I've been surfin all day trying to find a place to just watch other people talk and feel good about their lives. All I did though was remind myself of my situation. Every1 was on the subject of food all day. I just can't escape.
The soon to be ex is useless, even cleaning house. He's been stuck on his video game all day, so no help there. Nothing left to pawn, only thing left of value are the laptops, but they are rented (which reminds me payment is due). I can't even get to a place to try to get my pension, because I don't have the gas to go. I was hopin I would, but the ex took money I was savin while I was asleep.
With no money, no job and nowhere to go; how am I supposed to feel? Numb I tell you. That's all there is anymore. Just breathing to exist. No purpose or fulfillment or hope. I just can't even finish this. It's all been my fault for not seeing what was in front of me. I put myself in this situation. Please, take something useful from these words (if there is anything useful about them). Thnx for listening.

Thats some really tough situation ur in, just keep on fighting. I have sorta been through times like these and trust me , things do get better. I agree with Cleocatra that all u gotta have is hope to help u out of these terrible times. Just make a firm resolve that you arnt gonna break no matter what.
Gluck!

That guy you are with sounds a total lazy good for nothing scumbag.

How come men like him always find women??????

Hope things improve for you real soon

Latest posts

Back