Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When your admire someone who doesn't share the same feeling.
A thread for the time all of us have been in a position where we stood stupid and enamored at the glory of that guy or girl who didn't even see us on their radar.

I'll start with mine. I have a girl in a class of mine who I'm mad for. I've known her, not too well mind you, for some time. Despite all the baggage she carries with her, she's still the only girl I've ever had half a heart pang for. Beautiful in every way, well spoken, the whole package. That being said, I've never confronted her with this as she's always had boyfriend, one out of school with some strange profession (one was a mortician). I feel as though thats just part of her personal problems as well.

Post your stories.
every woman I have ever liked
This isn't a case of a "Girl Who Didn't Know I Existed," but a "Guy (me) Who Almost Could Not Get a Girl Out of His Head."

I had a serious infatuation for a woman that I wound up dating. She dumped me after a month, but I still had major feelings for her. It took me about six months or more to get her out of my head and realize that she's not what I really wanted anyway. I merely fell in love with the idea of her.

Eight years later, she's one of my best female friends.
(12-20-2013, 05:52 PM)Case Wrote: This isn't a case of a "Girl Who Didn't Know I Existed," but a "Guy (me) Who Almost Could Not Get a Girl Out of His Head."

I had a serious infatuation for a woman that I wound up dating. She dumped me after a month, but I still had major feelings for her. It took me about six months or more to get her out of my head and realize that she's not what I really wanted anyway. I merely fell in love with the idea of her.

Eight years later, she's one of my best female friends.

^^ This totally happened to me also.
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
There's not many people who return my affections. :/
Yet, there's not many people I have affections for...

There's one boy in particular that I've fancied for over a year, though it comes and goes...whenever we do talk, he insults me. I do not know why I continue to go after him; it makes me somewhat of a masochist.
THE SELFISH, THEY'RE ALL STANDING IN LINE;
FAITHING AND HOPING TO BUY THEMSELVES TIME.
ME, I FIGURE AS EACH BREATH GOES BY: I ONLY OWN MY MIND.
First girl/woman I have had feelings for in about 5 years, with whom I spend most of my time at uni, with has just slept with one of my other best mates after effectively rejecting me. Social life at uni now totally fecked. Fun times. I hope I can laugh at this soon, I really do! Unrequited love is a bitch though, it really hurts and getting over it is very hard.
usually the only ones that I find worth admiring are married or coupled, so much the better if they don't share the same feeling, saves a lot of trouble and emotional turmoil.
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
That's 99% of women I have had any sort of interest in. Although it's because I am shy and an introvert so it's really on me. I don't like that it's almost exclusively expected that the male be the pursuer. Also being an introvert on top of that means that nothing ever happens. I often wonder how two introverts are supposed to meet. The only thing I've ever been in that could be considered some kind of relationship was long distance because we met online and she initiated conversation. It didn't last so now I'm back to square one. Though it sort of feels like I never left.
"Once you assume a creator and a plan, it makes us objects in an experiment." - Christopher Hitchens
(12-25-2013, 11:26 AM)Peaches Wrote: usually the only ones that I find worth admiring are married or coupled, so much the better if they don't share the same feeling, saves a lot of trouble and emotional turmoil.

Men are like a parking lot. All the good ones are taken, the only ones left are all..

(can't say it due to fear of being banned here! I would then have no forums to post in.)
Talk to her, form at least a friendship. If there is anything there then maybe something will come of it, if not then you can move on. You don't want to be hanging on this girl forever, you might miss out on someone else without even knowing it because your infatuation is focused on this one girl.

[Image: p5XQ_g.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling sad that I'll likely never have more than one sexual partner Matt L 23 763 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  My wife doesn't want me to ruin Christmas.. Black Manta 20 1,389 01-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Puddled Duck
  why bother thinking or feeling any love for others? TammyLynn1972 9 1,375 12-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Serenity1
  Feeling upset, angry and depressed - girl I've met yesterday not interested in me GrayAndLonesome 23 6,723 12-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: toolman69
  Feeling uncomfortable Tiina63 15 2,046 12-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: toolman69
  I'd like to share some advice for your future alphacompton 0 658 05-08-2018, 05:11 AM
Last Post: alphacompton
  i was feeling lonely before now im even more lonely, did i do somthing wrong to her ? ticaaa 15 3,046 04-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Black Manta
  Flirting doesn't seem to mean anything? TheSolitaryMan 12 2,909 11-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Red_Wedding_Casualty
  Always feeling nervous in a relationship HELP PLEASE Terry94 14 4,841 12-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Northern Lights
  You guys think this doesn't mean anything? Alexander_santos 10 3,085 11-08-2016, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi