"Meetup" Groups - UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppydolphin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had tried any "Meetup" groups? I've struggled hugely over the Christmas period and came across the site by accident. I signed up to a social group in my area a few days ago and plucked up all my courage to go to an event on Friday evening. I had a fabulous time ... helped by a glass or several of wine!! Try Googling "Meetup" and I bet there'd be something in your area. I met some super people and maybe I'll find some friends eventually.

All the best,
x

Poppydolphin said:
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had tried any "Meetup" groups? I've struggled hugely over the Christmas period and came across the site by accident. I signed up to a social group in my area a few days ago and plucked up all my courage to go to an event on Friday evening. I had a fabulous time ... helped by a glass or several of wine!! Try Googling "Meetup" and I bet there'd be something in your area. I met some super people and maybe I'll find some friends eventually.

All the best,
x

I am not a 'group' person, never have been. I have tried but it's just not me. I keep the lowest profile I can at the golf club. I remember when I joined as a junior all the others just took the piss out of me. Made my life hell so I left. I re joined when I was 27 and won the club championship inside 2 years !

I think a UK meetup was discussed in the Networking section not so long back, I'm not sure it if happened or not.

meetup groups were a great help when I really didn't know anyone, just to maintain sanity, and I will always support the institution :) this said, one has to be ready to chat up complete strangers, and for many that is overly difficult, I can do it also only sparingly. The times I did go, everybody was really nice and friendly. The nicest thing is when you know some of them already, and the pressure is off. Anyway, I hope the makers of meetup.com get the nobel prize or something

Yeah when it comes to groups and I think about it, it could be slightly awkward. Might be a battle for attention going on. I'm more of a one on one kinda guy. But each to their own!

Gutted said:
Yeah when it comes to groups and I think about it, it could be slightly awkward. Might be a battle for attention going on. I'm more of a one on one kinda guy. But each to their own!

This

Latest posts

Back