Is anybody around London tomorrow for New Year's Eve?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Reaction score
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted again.

I really hate this time of year, it's so lonely and depressing for me, as I'm sure it is for a lot of us on this forum.

Last year I went to London just so everybody would think I was up to something, but in reality I just walked around the quiet back streets until it was over, then I walked back to the station and took the first train home.

I really don't want to do it again this year so I wonder if anyone here is planning on doing anything tomorrow or would like to do something that I could join in with? I realise it's a bit last minute, but I figure it's worth a shot, otherwise I can see it'll just be the same thing again.

I hate the crowds unless I'm with people, then I feel okay. It would just be nice to have some people to hang out with for once, my only real friend lives and studies outside the UK and he's with his family now; unfortunately I don't have anyone else. :(

hope you find other forum members to meet, if everything else fails: http://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/17/london/events/

I wish I could be there and go to the murder mystery dinner or the scifi party
also the vegan groups - wow, how long is this list?
London is so eventful… personally I hate really huge parties because that is like being alone, when a group is around 20-40 it is more feasible to talk with other people.

I don't really go out this time of year as in my experience it's the night of the lunatics. People go out with that horrible care-free-lets-get-wasted-take-drugs-cause-hell-and-go-mental-cause-it's-new-year-and-I'm-using-that-as-the-excuse attitude.

Peaches said:
hope you find other forum members to meet, if everything else fails: http://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/17/london/events/

I wish I could be there and go to the murder mystery dinner or the scifi party
also the vegan groups - wow, how long is this list?
London is so eventful… personally I hate really huge parties because that is like being alone, when a group is around 20-40 it is more feasible to talk with other people.

Funny you should mention Meetup, I actually just started my own group there: http://www.meetup.com/The-Introverts-Association-of-London/

Unfortunately though it looks like this doesn't get published until tomorrow, at which point it will be too late for NYE get-together.

-- edit --
Sorry, I meant to add, most of those events are not cheap, starting at around £70 per person, and they're usually packed. Not great for the socially challenged. ;)
--

In regards to 9006 and the lunatics, I totally agree, I wasn't planning to go right into central or Westminster bridge or something, but was hoping maybe somebody knew a nice peaceful/quiet pub with a pool table where we can watch the fireworks on TV or something.

Oh fresia it. Looks like it's all over now anyway. No chance of doing anything now.

I think I'll just take some benzos and sleep it out until the morning, then maybe some more for the next few days so I don't need to keep hearing all this 'happy new year' bullshit.

I wonder if it was even worth starting a Meetup group. I'll give it a few days and if nobody's interested then I'll just delete it, I can't be messed to keep failing.

-- edit --

It seems I spoke to soon, I'm so impatient! right after I swallowed the pills I started getting a flood of emails from Meetup.com about new members who had just joined my group... I guess a nice long sleep will follow shortly and then perhaps a nice surprise in the morning with a higher interest count! Please do register if you see this group/link on Meetup and if you think you might be interested.

I'm not the most social person in the world and I know a lot of you on here aren't either, but I can promise you that you'll feel comfortable around me, and I'll be at every event. I'd say I'm a really open minded, sympathetic and down to earth person, although somewhat depressed and mostly lonely, but then at least you can relate to me on that level if you don't feel like relating to anyone else. :)

Latest posts

Back