Anyone else a night owl?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandas123

Reaction score
Now that school is over (im on brake), i basically stay up all night for i have no reason to wake up early the next day! I usually just end up surfing the internet, play video games or watch a movie. Anyway, i wanted to know if there was others like me on here, since it can get pretty lonely/boring at night and some chatting definitely wouldn't hurt! :p

I can have a rather late night on a Friday or Saturday. But usually work means I should sleep fairly early x] If you have Skype though, I'd be happy to have it :D

Yeah I'm a night owl, it's very hard for me to fall asleep sometimes.

I'm definitely a night owl. I work the night shift and when I'm not doing that I'm up anyway. It does get pretty lonely so let me know if you're up for a chat sometime!

I used to be a big night owl, but I find the older I become, the less likely I am to stay up really late.

I used to be, and if I want I can slip back into the habit, but if I get up at 1 pm I get only three hours of light and I notice that I get really depressed, so I try to get up around 10, 11, so I can get half of a working day

I've always preferred the night even when I had to get up at 6 am for work, I wouldn't go to bed until 1 at the earliest. I used to work nights, so I found it easier if I take a couple hour naps through out the day instead of trying to get a full 8 hours of sleep at once I had plenty of day light to get things done. Never really tried to change my habits after that.

Im down for it but dont know where to chat with people here on the forums.

I work graves, so I'm up all night every night... so we can talk on here or via email or something... If you're good with that....

I'm up. Anyone else?

Also - anyone know what I can take to knock myself the hell out?!

I used to be because I worked a job for 11 years where I worked nights like 99% of the time. Once they closed and I had to find something else I ended up doing lawncare for a while which meant waking up at 6am, then I did stocking for a price club seasonally and had to be there at 4am. Then back to lawncare again the summer after that. Ever since then I am no longer a night person. Me being on the computer right now instead of dozing off in front of the tv is rare.

yeah i just cant get my body to sleep 'human' hours, even if i stay up to reset it within a week im back to 6am-4pm, so in winter i never really see any daylight

Scootch said:
I'm up. Anyone else?

Also - anyone know what I can take to knock myself the hell out?!

benzodiazepines work to aid sleep by making your gamma aminobutyric acid receptors more sensitive and gaba is all though your body and is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter that slows down the others for rest such as adrenalin and stress hormones and so relaxes you, so that's why they help you sleep but... we all know how addictive they are so that's not a good option but...

Valerian root isn't addictive but its speculated to work by mimicking gaba and having an affinity for those receptor sites and is a very good sleep aid, start with two and try one more each night till they make you sleepy, I'm a pharmacology geek to a ridiculous level also hops, skullcap and kavakava (this can be dangerous if an unscrupulous maker doesn't use the right part of the plant however....pm me if you're gonna try kavakava, it is however a darn powerful relaxant for a plant great for sleep if you get the proper stuff, ill post later how to spot safe kava kava, its almost like being a lil drunk, it affects gaba too.)

yeah just herbal niteol/herbal mix sleep aids helps some folks i buy my herbs/extracts in large amounts then mix them myself, but im a shaman i have a huge herbal medicine collection i use and treat most everything herbally but yeah a pharmacy/health food shop should have Valerian root extract id recommend that...

don't write it off if its not what you hoped for the first time, you just need to find a reasonable level to suit you and can be synergistic with other sleepy herbs, it also depends on the quality of the root, how strong the extract is, i recommend high strength you can take more than 2 its not hugely toxic when looking for your right dose but still take things slow with increases, for example taking like 10 high strength extract pills isn't a good idea lol

Valerian is also a good sedative, anticonvulsant, migraine treatment and pain reliever ^_^

I usually fall asleep with the news blaring in the background. I can't separate myself from CNN. If something is happening in the world, I'll be up. Otherwise it's nightie night time.

Latest posts

Back