Anyone else a night owl?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simhthmss said:
Scootch said:
I'm up. Anyone else?

Also - anyone know what I can take to knock myself the hell out?!

benzodiazepines work to aid sleep by making your gamma aminobutyric acid receptors more sensitive and gaba is all though your body and is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter that slows down the others for rest such as adrenalin and stress hormones and so relaxes you, so that's why they help you sleep but... we all know how addictive they are so that's not a good option but...

Valerian root isn't addictive but its speculated to work by mimicking gaba and having an affinity for those receptor sites and is a very good sleep aid, start with two and try one more each night till they make you sleepy, I'm a pharmacology geek to a ridiculous level also hops, skullcap and kavakava (this can be dangerous if an unscrupulous maker doesn't use the right part of the plant however....pm me if you're gonna try kavakava, it is however a darn powerful relaxant for a plant great for sleep if you get the proper stuff, ill post later how to spot safe kava kava, its almost like being a lil drunk, it affects gaba too.)

yeah just herbal niteol/herbal mix sleep aids helps some folks i buy my herbs/extracts in large amounts then mix them myself, but im a shaman i have a huge herbal medicine collection i use and treat most everything herbally but yeah a pharmacy/health food shop should have Valerian root extract id recommend that...

don't write it off if its not what you hoped for the first time, you just need to find a reasonable level to suit you and can be synergistic with other sleepy herbs, it also depends on the quality of the root, how strong the extract is, i recommend high strength you can take more than 2 its not hugely toxic when looking for your right dose but still take things slow with increases, for example taking like 10 high strength extract pills isn't a good idea lol

Valerian is also a good sedative, anticonvulsant, migraine treatment and pain reliever ^_^

Thanks for replying :)

I have in fact tried valerian root extract and found it ineffective :( I must just be so anxious I'm working through it!

kava kava is used by some tribes instead of alcohol is that potent , alcohol works on gaba just a lot more powerfully, hence alcohol addiction is treated with diazepan to stop withdrawals, this is far stronger than Valerian, natural legal and non addictive if i show you which online shops sell the good healthy type of kavakava would you try it out? it knocks valerian out of the water.

if you are in the us and one of the 20 legal medical cannabis states i find cannabis to be the very best herb for getting some sleep it knocks me out every night and i get to drift off happily to some chill out music and many drs will prescribe medical mj for sleep, it depends some drs are just after the drug company money by dumping ssris and xanax at you like candy as the drug companies pay for exotic holidays for some of them and will offer cash incentive to use their drug brand name on the script, others genuinely want to help others are somewhere in between

either way it works very well for me, take from that what you like its just a statenent of fact and promotes nothing its just what i do im not saying whether people should or shouldn't use it

I assure you, if cannabis was legal in the UK I'd use it. But it's not, so I don't :(

I've exactly the same situation as Pandas123. Even in the military where I had to wake up at 5:45AM every morning I didn't get my sleeping pattern fixed but I still kept staying awake every night.

This depends on time zones (Central for me)... but I've been known to be up until the wee hours of the morning sometimes.

“Oh, the terrible struggle that I have had against sleep so often of late; the pain of the sleeplessness, or the pain of the fear of sleep, and with such unknown horror as it has for me! How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads; to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

I didn't get to sleep until 8am today. Craziness. My company was an Angel Season 1 box set. Insomnia is a terrible thing. But on the other hand, more Angel!

I usually stay up late because I like the calmness of the nights... When everything settles down & sound/looks so calm... I can think more clearly & able to concentrate better at night...

I'm a night-owl by nature, but my work schedule has forced me to become a daytime normal. I'll be back again with my moonlight brethren . . . someday.

I'm on the late shifts as well (till 7am) and I have that same problem where there isn't much to do during the weakends.  I'm definitely up for a conversation or chat with anyone who has these same problems.

Is anyone close to Liverpool on this forum.

Latest posts

Back