Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread (Update 2)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an uncommon name so I try to make sure I'm not too traceable. The first link is Facebook (myself and a few other girls with my name are on Facebook) and after that are some generic data-scraping site links. I'm actually on one of the data-scraping sites, it stole a photo and a former location that I had posted on an old ICQ account and it shall remain there forever I'm afraid :( At least it was a decent photo. A couple of the results are reviews I posted on Amazon. Someone with my name has a twitter account and a myspace account. In the digital age, people with generic names are lucky. The rest of us have to vow not to post anything too idiotic using our real names :p

Although it was quite some time ago, I thought that I'd share this experience however embarrassing. When I was younger, I was given a "SNES" and "FF II"(NA). At the time, I owned a "Game Genie". I inserted the proper codes which would give "Dragoon's" jump attack a boost in power.

Before using the genie I was aware that sometimes it can make certain effects permanent. Being young, I decided to risk it anyway. Low and behold, Dragoon went up off the screen for his jump attack, but never came back down! Day **** one. Day **** one.

I couldn't believe it. I reset it, I took the cart out and blew the dust out of the bottom of it. Nothing. After thinking about it, I decided to try and pull as swifty on Squaresoft. I sent the cart back to them with a piercing letter accusing them of unprofessional workmanship and disrespect for the public that buys their products. I included my number in the letter just to get a quicker response, and I did.

About a week or two later, I received a phone call from one of their customer service reps. He said hi I said hi, all the small talk. just as I was ready to lay the smackdown on them for unprofessional conduct, he cut me off and said..." I'll bet that you didn't think that we would know that you used a "Game Genie" on it..."

I was speechless. I was not expecting them to know that. I had absolutely no idea how to respond with any kind of dignity. Talk about the ultimate backfire! lol

You should have played dumb (like wtf is a gamegenie?) and went on with your original tirade. It probably would have worked anyways.

Haha. Nice story. Think you could have called them unprofessional for speaking to you like that, though.

(D) I have an old school game jenie. :p I have a console that plays NES and SNES too. (wary)

Rosalyn said:
Haha. Nice story. Think you could have called them unprofessional for speaking to you like that, though.
If I was him, I'd have to say that I would have loved to catch someone like that. He was probably just drooling for me to answer the phone so he could slip me that little gem in on me.

Yeah, I've seen that one before.

btw... I LIVE in Kansas.

14a90de.jpg

lol

Yeah, it would have been hard to resist. *sigh* This thread makes me all nostalgic. What ever happened to Square? Was reading the updates on XIII-2 yesterday. Ugh. >_>

Rosalyn said:
Yeah, it would have been hard to resist. *sigh* This thread makes me all nostalgic. What ever happened to Square? Was reading the updates on XIII-2 yesterday. Ugh. >_>
I believe that they merged with Enix a long time ago.

Not sure, it's weird. Square was great, Enix was great.... But as soon as they became squarenix they turned to honeysuckle. Maybe they let success get to their heads once a source of competition was removed?

Could be. I thought they were great as separates too, so surely their coming together should have equaled something wonderful. But no. You would think that now they're in financial trouble (or were very recently) that they'd be picking up. They actually seem to be getting worse.... You heard about Dragon Quest X?

It'll be on Wii/Wii U
Forced to play it online after the start/requires an internet connection to beat
Yet you can beat it by yourself
There will be Subscription fees

:/

Oh, well. There are still decent companies making quality JRPG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back