What would you choose?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandas123

Reaction score
If you could learn a new hobby or master a certain skill and you knew you wouldn't fail at it, but rather be great at it instead, what would it be and why?

Some of mine would be photography, drawing, and to have the ability to play the guitar! I currently have a guitar but I gave up on trying to learn how to play it a couple years ago. Maybe i just didn't try hard enough either lol. Why the guitar? Well for one i love music, it brings a certain peace and joy to myself and i would love to make music for others to hear, and hopefully have them feel the same way i do. Also, who wouldn't want to be a rockstar if i knew i would be great :cool::D

The piano for me, I think I'm too old now to learn it.

drums, on the contrary.. .. ive been trying long enough with guitar (10 years?) and unless it make it an everyday thing for another 10 years, im not going to get where i want to go with it.

There are just a lot of hobbies I'd like to master
Photographing (need a camera)
Playing the flute
Drawing
Decoration (any kind of craft etc)
Collecting tiny bottles (lol i just love small bottle)

I just try whatever I find interesting (and have the opportunity to try out) and stick with what im good at.

I actually went to school for Photography... I came out of college with double major & 1 minor... I majored in Photography & forensic psychology... Minored in graphic design... Of course that was 20 + years ago & so much has been changed.. All the digital cameras & computer advancements, I wouldn't know what to do if someone sat me down in front of a computer with some of the programing now a days... I still have my old fashioned film cameras, one of them I used in college, & have my own dark room... I mainly do black & white... Only thing I somewhat kept up with is forensic psychology... My dream job when I was younger was a criminal profiling... Well, that really didn't pan out as I wanted... But I still like keeping up with it... Not professionally but keeping up with news & articles about it... but to answer the question, I'd love to master one thing & be great at it...

I would choose to learn how to dj. I'm not a partier, but would love to bring the music for the party! lol

JustSomeGal said:
I would choose to learn how to dj. I'm not a partier, but would love to bring the music for the party! lol

Hmmm now that I think of it, it wouldn't be a bad idea either. I'm not a partier myself, but it'd be pretty cool to be a DJ and watch the crowd get excited at the music you play. Haha

I would like to be able to dance the Argentinian Tango. Actually I would just like to be able to dance.. And have the figure for those sparkly dresses (sigh).

always wanted to learn piano, bought one 3 years ago but I found it hard going. Didn't have time to practise enough.
also tried guitar. Interest dried up because I didn't know other musicians.

Anahita said:
I would like to be able to dance the Argentinian Tango. Actually I would just like to be able to dance.. And have the figure for those sparkly dresses (sigh).

I took Argentine Tango lessons & loved it... I was around 10 & took it for about 3 years... Then things happened & I ended up moving to U.S. & couldn't find a place that offered... About 2 years after I moved, I was in an ESL class, English as Second Language, & be friended few Latino kids... Some of them grew up watching their parents & adults in their neighborhood dancing Argentine tango... I was invited to a birthday party & was able to keep up with few girls & that's how I picked it back up here in U.S... I'm sure you can find places that offer lessons on internet around where you live...

To speak, read and write every language. In the realm of (semi) realism. Total fantasy would be something godlike. Sky's the limit and that.

I'd like to learn to write Japanese, but it's a massive undertaking and I don't really have the dedication.

Painting. You can create beautiful worlds with paint. I just don't have the patience.:(

Latest posts

Back