Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the late Steve Irwin. When you ask most people they will say he's crazy. I guess I can understand why they feel that way. He certainly has went into some pretty dangerous conditions to help teach us and himself in some occasions. It's people with that kind of courage that make it possible for others to learn.

At the club one night one of the members said that he exploited animals, and mistreated them as well. Saying that he used snakes like a lasso. That angered me. I have seen almost every episode of his show and have studied a bit on him.

This vid is for all those who believe that he exploits and mistreats animals.

Sorry about the link. My YouTube is messed up.

Hi Everyone! I hope that this thread finds you all well.

I can't speak for other members, but when it comes to "Nostalgia", I'll be completely honest. The yearning to return back to an older part of my life
where everything was just right really bugs me. I really miss it back then.

Do any of you feel like this?

Steve Irwin is awesome. :)

R.I.P. both, he and that crocodile... :(

Oddly enough, no! Despite a few happy first playthroughs of a few video games I really loved, I can't say there was any part of my life I enjoyed enough to want to go back to. I think it's safe to say my life has been getting progressively better from day 1 to day 10475. Yay me!

Waste the rest of ya life thinking about the past life?

Nah :p

He was a great guy, and bloody unlucky that he died like he did.

The people who think he abused animals mistake his confidence with them for arrogance/ignorance and are ill-informed. He was a conservationist - he had no desire to hurt animals.

He handed them very carefully in reality. If you look at some of the cheap copycat shows that were done, some of the other presenters would literally just throw animals about or snatch them from their homes recklessly - it's quite clear the difference in attitude.

Steve always let animals go when he could sense they were unhappy too.

I'm different in that when I think of the past, it makes me sad because my past kind of sucks :rolleyes2:

Never kissed or done anything romantic, never really been reckless or "wild", was always very very shy (even more so than now), never really took the friendship opportunities I was given, never did anything social...

I prefer to try and live in the present and improve things from here on out :)

i never thought of him as abusing animals. i guess technically he was exploiting them for his show. but i never saw it in that negative way. it seems that animals fascinated him and he seemed to genuinely enjoy what he did.

Anyone could see he loved all those animals he met during his show, and I find it very hard to believe that he would abuse them. He was a great guy, and a role model for anyone who cares for animals. Bless his soul.

I fare fairly () well at looking forward, not back. That being said, I miss times when they were simpler. Not when the world was "simpler" but just youth where you were so aimless. There was something comfortable about the aimlessness, I wasn't faced with the fear of apathy and disappointment as I am today.

2005 SUMMER, IF I CAN GET BACK TO THERE ANY WAY, SCREW THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!!!

It'd be utter chaos for a loooong while. It's also a great starting point for a zombie apocalypse scenario, me thinks.

EveWasFramed said:
We'd adapt - like we always do.

:D It would suck though.
Do you think that maybe we depend on it too much as it is? A lot of people have their whole **** lives online.

Timeline:

0-1 Year after Internet disappearance: Mass hysteria world-wide in all developed and developing countries; protests world-wide. Third World countries will just go "Huh? What happened?". Cell phone carriers will be forced to increase the amount of traffic they can hold due to everyone using text and call services instead of email and forums. Support groups will see a massive influx of members. Expect several news stories about people calling 911 threatening to kill themselves because they can't access Facebook. Google's Empire will crumble. Amazon's rising dominance will come to an end. Libraries will receive crowds of people asking for library cards.

1-5 Years after Internet disappearance: Dramatic decrease in global obesity.

10-20 Years after Internet disappearance: The "average" weight of a normal person will be less than what it was before the Internet disappeared.

20+ Years after Internet disappearance: We'll tell our children or grandchildren of how great the Internet was.

I might write more lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back