Have you ever had an imaginary friend ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
I daydream about having a fun with my imaginary perfect friend a lot. Daydreaming before i fall asleep has become a common habit . Even in real life situations i think and make an illusion of my friend ( intelligent, handsome, tall, protective, hygienic, and so on). I only talk to him in my mind and he talks to me. If i really talk to him ( actually not there ) people will think i'm psychotic. I remember i made fool of myself when i was in the countryside with my mean cousins last summer. It was dark and the stars were so beautiful up in the sky, the air was very fresh and warm. I was just standing alone outside while everyone was indoors. Unfortunately they were all adults. I was the only teenager there. At that moment, I was enjoying a daydream about my perfect friend putting his arm around my shoulders and me doing the same. I was so into that with a smile before someone interrupted. My cousin sister asked me why my arm was in the air. I said " Dreaming " She called me stupid with a weird look. From that moment, i decided to keep my daydreaming not in real actions even if i'm alone. The whole beautiful scenes all occur inside my head. I love it because I feel very comforted. My imaginary friend goes to the same school and we do a lot activities around my hometown. I just connect real life situations into my daydreaming. mmm How can i say it. For example, in the library i'm sitting alone in corner of the room, I imagine my friend is sitting next to me and having a nice conversation, I'm looking at my friend and talking, but i would look completely normal in real life; you know just sitting normal and reading. Am i the only one who daydream like that with an imaginary friend ? My imaginations are so vivid and have a sense of vision, sound, and touch.
From what I've just wrote I realise that how lonely and inferior i am. :sigh: :(

I'm a maladaptive daydreamer and have been for like 17/18 years. I'm not going to say much more in public. lol

No i didn't. Maybe my imagination didn't want to associate with me.

I think most of my friends have been imaginary.
I mean.. they were real people.. but the friendship was in my imagination for the most part.

I have an imaginery universe.

Or is it just my imagination...?

Perhaps all of you are not real...

Hmmm....

I used to daydream about my friends in school. Then I would daydream a lot about girls I found fascinating, but never talked to in reality.. but these days? I don't daydream much at all.

I always wanted to have a state of mind that is able to have one. Unfortunately, I do not.
Maybe I can work on that:D

Yes. Imaginary friends, imaginary lives. And also imaginary replaying of past events in real life, so that it worked out better.

So long as I don't mix up what's imaginary and what's real, and keep the imaginary in my head, it's been OK so far.

And that's all I'm going to say, here.

Imaginary friend? No but my imagination is always going with other creative things in my head. Sometimes I try to use that to deal with a situation that might be bothering me.

Walley said:
I think most of my friends have been imaginary.
I mean.. they were real people.. but the friendship was in my imagination for the most part.

nicely put :)

Yea when I was a kid. Once I went to a psychologist that told me to make an imaginary friend, and as I already had one, then I had two imaginary friends. I once wrote him a letter but it made me sad that he never responded, I was pretty stupid as a kid, probably still am.

When I was a kind I had a ton of imaginary friends, even had an imaginary sister because I always wanted a sister. As I started to pick up writing I starting imagining the characters as personal friends of mine and would find myself having conversations with them in my head or even hearing conversations between the characters themselves that would have nothing to do with anything I was writing at the time. Yeah, I may be a bit crazy =P.

Similar to Redwing, I have been writing ever since I was a kid - and I would have the characters in my head play out plots sometimes during school or so, to get ideas how to write the rest of my story. Probably the only reason why I didn't really break down during the times I got bullied.

I remember having an imaginary friend back when I was little. I named him Mike because I wasn't very creative with names lol Mike just came naturally for some reason. Ahhhh those were the good ol' days. And I talked to my stuffed animals too. Which I also named one of them Mike, kinda like in honour of Mike my imaginary friend :3 He was a big polar bear with glasses and a bow tie... sigh wish I still had him.

No, but I was convinced I was a dragon and not actually a human until I was at least 13 years old. True story lol. I frequently imagined myself transforming into a dragon with superhuman strength who could terrorize the ******** who were bullying me all the time at school. I believed that by taking hot showers and wearing sweaters in 100 degree weather I could build heat tolerance and confirm my suspicions that I was a dragon.

Latest posts

Back