What is the last book you bought?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cover_1-193x300.jpg

A (monthly) collection of science fiction short stories. Bought it this morning.

The last two books I bought (as I bought them together) were

'Pavel is a Geordie' by Pavel Srnicek. He was a very popular goalkeeper who played for the football team I support, Newcastle United about 20 years ago. After he retired, he was a regular visitor to Newcastle and loved the club. His book was launched just before Christmas. 3 days after he attended the launch in Newcastle, he collapsed in his home town of Ostrava in the Czech Republic whilst out jogging. He was in a coma for a week before dying. It was a massive shock as he had no health problems, was still very fit and was just 47 years old. It would take so long to explain how popular he was. The book is great. He has lots of funny and interesting stories.

The second book, I'm wading through at the moment. ' The End of the Cold War: 1985-1991' by Robert Service. Self explanatory really, but gripping. I love history. I'm a history graduate and have hundreds and hundreds of history-related books.

Ugh I called the Hegel book "Phenomenology of History" but meant to say "Phenomenology of Spirit."

Ottoline and the Yellow Cat, Ottoline Goes to School, and Ottoline At Sea...(they're a set, and they're children's books - lovely, magical, funny, odd and highly recommended! By both me and my 7-year old son!)

Consider her ways and others all short stories by the sci-fi author john Wyndham and Norman and me by Julie Savage which is the first part of an autobiography of a psychic I have known for several years.

Latest posts

Back