New friends, new problems?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySmith111

Reaction score
So today, I was supposed to come over to a friends house and hangout. They're a new group of friends I just met this year, and I was looking forward to hanging out with them.

My schedule is real weird though. I only live with my mom, and she works all day so I have like no rides and can never go anywhere! I had to get my uncle, who gets out at 5:30 to drive me there.

Originally, my friend had been ok with me coming over at 5:30. Just today however, he told me to come at 6 instead since that was when he would be home. My uncle got out at 5:30 though, and since I can't make him stay at work longer I decided to just go to his house at 5:30.

He wasn't home, and we waited for like 20 min until it was 6, and he still wasn't home. After a little while, my uncle decided to just drive me home.

I don't know why I am so angry. I literally have NOTHING to do at home in my life. My old group of friends, I left for this very reason. They would never EVER stick to their plans and change things up all the time. Every time we would plan to hangout, they always blew me off. After a while, I decided to just sever ties with them and found a new group of friends. Well, it looks like I've run away from a problem just to encounter a new one?

I'm honestly thinking about just taking a taxi next time I wanna go somewhere. I'm sick and tired of staying inside doing nothing all the time. I'm 15 almost 16, you think this is old enough to ride a cab alone?
I honestly don't know who to be angry at. Myself? My new friends? My family? I have nothing to do at home, literally. All I do is play video games all day. If I had my own personal chauffeur, you bet I'd probably never touch my video games. I would hangout with friends, go outside, join clubs, do SOMETHING with my life.

Goodness, what am I to do? I was so frustrated I felt like punching a whole through my wall. Finally, I find a new group of friends but my timing has to be so horrible. My uncle has to go and since my friend is like 10 min late, I can't hangout. Pisses me off so much. I don't plan on leaving this new group of friends just yet. I'm assuming this is just a one time thing, and maybe he had to go do something. I am just so angry how my life is so empty, boring, and full of just video games.

Is there no public transport where you live, or places to go within walking distance? I am sorry you feel so trapped, I do know that feeling and it is very frustrating.

No public transportation. Theres places walking distance, but unless I wanna go there and hangout with an imaginary friend, there's really no point going there. My friends live like 10 min driving distance away from me.

I think you've posted something about this before, but why not tell your friends you have a strange schedule? They might've blown you off because they did not think it's a big deal to be 10 minutes late. Maybe they couldn't help but be late. If you tell them, maybe they'll at least try to be punctual.

My family didn't even have a car when I was your age. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Welcome to being a teenager, expect this to be the course of things for the next few years. It sucks but what can you do. You can't control other people.

Latest posts

Back