What do you do when loneliness hits you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitas14

Reaction score
From time to time I get lonely for no reason and i'm sure i'm not the only one here. If this occasionally happens to you what do you do? How do you cope and do you like basking in it?
Personally, I sometimes bask in it because I like to feel lonely at times. I know this isn't healthy but yeah...

When this "Loneliness Hit" occurs, I have created a play-list of songs and soundtracks that I listen to, in order to complete the cycle, as I name it.

Basically it is a play-list that starts from a really low mood-set and slowly rises into a more high one. The soundtracks and songs may consist melodies of serenity, indifference or even hatred.

The goal of all this, is to experience the "Hit" as much as possible, and re-think everything that has brought me to this point.

For me, it's like...a ritual, while tasting it, I get to create new arguments to thoroughly support my state in future conversations with people who are not loners. It is a way of surviving.

Here is an extract from my play-list:

[video=youtube]

Marios said:
When this "Loneliness Hit" occurs, I have created a play-list of songs and soundtracks that I listen to, in order to complete the cycle, as I name it.

Basically it is a play-list that starts from a really low mood-set and slowly rises into a more high one. The soundtracks and songs may consist melodies of serenity, indifference or even hatred.

The goal of all this, is to experience the "Hit" as much as possible, and re-think everything that has brought me to this point.

For me, it's like...a ritual, while tasting it, I get to create new arguments to thoroughly support my state in future conversations with people who are not loners. It is a way of surviving.

Here is an extract from my play-list:

[video=youtube]

Love that movie's soundtrack!

I suppose I do something similar actually. I do like to turn on music to fit my mood, though I don't have any sort of playlist. I search through my collection and choose what fits the moment.

I also like to search my loneliness for some inspiration to write. Whether it's to describe how I'm feeling as best I can or a story completely unrelated, loneliness just seems to put me in the best mode for writing so why not take advantage?

Siertes said:
I also like to search my loneliness for some inspiration to write. Whether it's to describe how I'm feeling as best I can or a story completely unrelated, loneliness just seems to put me in the best mode for writing so why not take advantage?

I write as well.

:)

vanitas14 said:
From time to time I get lonely for no reason and i'm sure i'm not the only one here. If this occasionally happens to you what do you do? How do you cope and do you like basking in it?
Personally, I sometimes bask in it because I like to feel lonely at times. I know this isn't healthy but yeah...

While you obviously know yourself far better than anyone else, I don't believe it's possible to feel lonely for no reason. There's always a reason... missing someone, missing something, boredom, etc.

I find myself doing the worst thing possible lately, which is just moping, and thinking about it. Obviously one of the worst things you could do. This week was particularly bad so I went to visit my family.

At first I get deeply depressed, go online and read about loneliness, make lists of things that I can do to improve the situation. When I am a bit calmer, I engage in some project so I am happy tampering and forget for a little while.

I'm not sure if it's loneliness, but when I feel like I'm missing a loved on so terribly and feel so alone, I tend to just cry. It's so stupid. :\

I like to revisit happy memories, although that hasn't been working so much as of late. I actually find doing anything physical (housework or talking a walk) really helps to get my mind off of loneliness.

I have a file on my comp where I make notes for what works best when I feel lonely. At those times I might look it up, decide to do an activity I haven't tried yet, then make notes later on how much it helped. (I'm a systematic :p). So far, it seems any activity helps as long as I just do something.

ladyforsaken said:
I'm not sure if it's loneliness, but when I feel like I'm missing a loved on so terribly and feel so alone, I tend to just cry. It's so stupid. :\

((((( )))))) it's not stupid at all

Sometimes I blog or vent out my feelings in writing. Watch a comedy/movie to distract my mind or phone a friend and talk about things to do with them to focus my mind on someone else.

Peaches said:
ladyforsaken said:

((((( )))))) it's not stupid at all

*hugs* thanks Peaches

Sometimes I just sit and type in notepad...I'd type that I'd never normally say. I'm more honest with myself when doing that than any other time...it's actually pretty scary some of the stuff I come up with.

I learned that you shouldn't never underestimate the power music have on cheering us up... There is a certain number of songs which I just need to listen to and I immediately forget most of my social issues.

I end up spending more time on the computer listening to awesome moody/ambient/atmospheric music and going on several different forums. So the fact that I am typing this right now says that I am starting to feel it more often again.

Are you lonely? You are not alone. visit *removed* to learn the practical steps of dealing with loneliness.

Latest posts

Back