Outlook.com Issue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gutted

Reaction score
I presume my primary email account has been hacked. But I ask all Outlook.com users: Are you having ANY sort of issue at the moment?

I can log on fine with my secondary account. But when it comes to my primary account, it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect. It looks as though this issue occurred yesterday. I was on my tablet when I accidentally clicked on my Skype app. Usually I am automatically logged in, but this time it momentarily showed me as signed in, before signing me out. This was odd, but I took little notice as I wanted to be logged out anyway. Then today I try to log into Skype and Outlook.com with no luck! (On both my phone and laptop)

Be careful folks. You never know who might be out there. In the mean time I am going to make a new Skype or Outlook account (Or find the Username & Password to another Outlook account, as I'm sure I have a few) and holla some of you again for your addy's. Ignore any emails you get from my old email and if you see me online with it, do not talk to me!

Sounds more like an account issue, sometimes when someone always has auto login enabled they actually forget their username or password. Have you tried resetting it? There's always some way or another from your email provider, it's also why the big ones (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo) always mither you to interlink everything in case such a thing happens.

Clear your history too including login and stored passwords. I don't use either of those though, never like Outlook.

I know Outlook had some issues about a year ago. Not sure if it's a repeat issue, but I agree with Sci-Fi.

Thanks for your input! Looks like the only thing I can do, is fill out this form to get my account back. I need to know the names of folders I've made, old passwords, recent people I mailed and some other stuff. Sadly I rarely used the email account itself. I just used the name for signing up to sites. Nothing important thankfully. I barely remember stuff like this though. Failed to attempts already. Oh well x]

I had a similar problem with Apple.

I just got a new computer, after my new Mac, and it's a Windows computer. I installed iTunes on it, but it wouldn't let me purchase anything from the iTunes store, except from my Macbook. It was asking me 2 security questions, which I didn't remember setting up (that's how little I care about those things.)

I ended up resetting my password, and the thing went away. But, yeah, it can even happen to programs you use a lot.

Gutted said:
Thanks for your input! Looks like the only thing I can do, is fill out this form to get my account back. I need to know the names of folders I've made, old passwords, recent people I mailed and some other stuff. Sadly I rarely used the email account itself. I just used the name for signing up to sites. Nothing important thankfully. I barely remember stuff like this though. Failed to attempts already. Oh well x]

Sounds like a Hotmail account, I actually retrieved an old account this way. Sadly there isn't much you can do if you don't remember the details.

Never fear! I remembered enough to get the account back! I then swiftly deleted around 250 saved emails and wrote some stuff down. After I changed the password of course!

Latest posts

Back