Why do I feel frozen around beautiful women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonT

Reaction score
Why do I feel so self conscious and freeze around beautiful women? is it a default setting on my hard drive? do I need to go into my preferences and untick a box? lol! sorry, I'm not a geek, just a joke.

I was on the bus the other day sitting next to a gorgeous woman and I was frozen with fear. Sick of it. Is it lack of confidence in yourself? I'm no Brad Pitt but I'm good looking I reckon. What is the answer? lol!

next time when you see a beautiful woman think to yourself, she is beautiful but still she is just a human being like rest of us. She isn't an angel or anything she poops, she urinate she get sick and as the time goes by her body will become old and eventually die. After all beauty is only skin deep.

It sounds like you've objectified beautiful women into something other than people....and you may have objectified yourself into something that's reacting to the beautiful woman/object rather than a person interacting with another person.

If that makes any sense.

SimonT said:
Why do I feel so self conscious and freeze around beautiful women? is it a default setting on my hard drive? do I need to go into my preferences and untick a box? lol! sorry, I'm not a geek, just a joke.

I was on the bus the other day sitting next to a gorgeous woman and I was frozen with fear. Sick of it. Is it lack of confidence in yourself? I'm no Brad Pitt but I'm good looking I reckon. What is the answer? lol!

We will often freeze around people when we have placed them on a higher status level than ourselves. Authority figures are another example of people who see this reaction around them.

The trick is not elevating these people above yourself, as was suggested above. If we treat a beautiful face (or even a famous face) like a normal human being, we will be less likely to have those freezing moments.

Latest posts

Back