Broken heart Pt. Deux The Return Of The Broken Heart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice But Dim Jim

Reaction score
Well fresia!

I just got over my ex a few months back...took over a year but I really felt that I had turned the chapter. I even started seeing a really lovely girl and things were going great.

Unfortunately I had a bit of unfinished business with my ex which meant I had to make contact again and now, I might as well be back at the beginning. Within making contact I found out that she has moved and is now living quite far away with her new boyfriend. Within seconds of hearing this my heart actually sunk and I have wasted away the past 3 weeks of my life, I even just completely stopped talking to the new girl because it was breaking my heart so much that I am very much still in love with my ex. I never fell out of love with her and it is killing me inside that she doesn't even acknowledge my existence anymore. For 6 years I felt privileged and special, now I feel like I have been forsaken.

Although I got over her recently, I always took comfort in knowing that she slept under the same patch of sky as me. Since finding out she doesn't, I can't even sleep anymore.

I really wish I'd never known what love is because I know I'll never feel it again. People say you can love again but some people can't, I know this because I am very much my fathers son and even after more than 20years he has never been able to love anyone as much as he loved my mother which is why he gave up trying, I never understood that look of pain and sadness in his eyes until now. :(

I am sorry, I know nothing I say can make you feel better. My heart goes out to you. Have you explained what happened to the new girl, she may be feeling confused. Take care and be kind to yourself. :)

I haven't said a word back to her in 3 days... I physically can't.

I've got drunk instead which isn't helping me but the music is good.

Nice But Dim Jim said:
Well fresia!

I just got over my ex a few months back...took over a year but I really felt that I had turned the chapter. I even started seeing a really lovely girl and things were going great.

Unfortunately I had a bit of unfinished business with my ex which meant I had to make contact again and now, I might as well be back at the beginning. Within making contact I found out that she has moved and is now living quite far away with her new boyfriend. Within seconds of hearing this my heart actually sunk and I have wasted away the past 3 weeks of my life, I even just completely stopped talking to the new girl because it was breaking my heart so much that I am very much still in love with my ex. I never fell out of love with her and it is killing me inside that she doesn't even acknowledge my existence anymore. For 6 years I felt privileged and special, now I feel like I have been forsaken.

Although I got over her recently, I always took comfort in knowing that she slept under the same patch of sky as me. Since finding out she doesn't, I can't even sleep anymore.

I really wish I'd never known what love is because I know I'll never feel it again. People say you can love again but some people can't, I know this because I am very much my fathers son and even after more than 20years he has never been able to love anyone as much as he loved my mother which is why he gave up trying, I never understood that look of pain and sadness in his eyes until now. :(

You never did know what love is. Love is patient, kind, which you seem to lack. Love does not depend on another person to fulfill.
What you call love is need, unfulfilled need. Was it lacking as you were growing up, do you resent your past experiences, people places or things.
Ask yourself where did it start. When you get over your needs for love, you will not need it from another person. Then your relationships will not depend on what you get from another, but, from within yourself.
I hope you understand.

Latest posts

Back