Steps for improving my life one baby step at a time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I decided to create this thread and tell you every step I make for improving my life for the best.

Here are some goals I want to reach now:

- Train 30 minutes a day for five or six days a week.
- Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours every night.
- Drink at least ten glasses of water every day
- Eat at least five fruits and vegetables per day.
- Subscribe to Toastmasters to improve my public speaking skills.
- Read the book: Getting things done by David Allen (to stop procrastinating)

I will add other goals along the way. What do you think?

Sounds great small changes work best for me, good luck :).

Nice sig by the way :)

Thanks GraceBlossom.

What do you mean exactly by sig?

pandas123 said:
That sounds great! Hopefully you'll be able to meet your goals overtime and then create new ones. :)

Yes, that's my goal. To improve my goals constantly and add new one. Go out of my confort zone.

Those sound like chores, the way you put them. I would instead try to put it as doing enjoyable things, that have positive side effects.

Always have a bowl of fruit around as snack
Find some enjoyable activity where you get to use your body
Read a book to learn something you are curious about.
Cool down in the evening. Do relaxing things the last few hours before you want to sleep. (It's nice to relax)
Always have a water flask nearby. (Perhaps buy a proper can)

Oldyoung said:
Those sound like chores, the way you put them. I would instead try to put it as doing enjoyable things, that have positive side effects.

Always have a bowl of fruit around as snack
Find some enjoyable activity where you get to use your body
Read a book to learn something you are curious about.
Cool down in the evening. Do relaxing things the last few hours before you want to sleep. (It's nice to relax)
Always have a water flask nearby. (Perhaps buy a proper can)

Thanks for your tips Oldyoung. Very helpful.

Hi everybody! It's been a long time since I went on this forum. I had to changed my old computer so I lost my favorites ...

Anyway, I was reading through my old posts and I saw this one.

Spy said:
Here are some goals I want to reach now:

- Train 30 minutes a day for five or six days a week.
- Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours every night.
- Drink at least ten glasses of water every day
- Eat at least five fruits and vegetables per day.
- Subscribe to Toastmasters to improve my public speaking skills.
- Read the book: Getting things done by David Allen (to stop procrastinating

After reading it I discover that I didn't make all those things. I am not training 30 minutes a day, not sleeping 8 hours /night, drinking 10 glasses of water every day ...

But, I made some progress. And a lot of them. The first I can think of is that I don't feel depressed compared to one year ago. I am smiling and having fun more often. I just came back from my first trip to a great place :) and I decided that I want to travel more often. I am more careful with what I eat. I don't put any energy into dating. I met only a girl and she was the one that contacted me after seeing me at my job.

Personally, I was putting way too much energy into dating women. And the results were not there. Today, I am just saying that I should enjoy life with or without women and that's fine with me. I saw a quote a few weeks ago that says something like:

To make women more interested in me, I should improve my life to make it more interesting. If I am having fun in my life, eventually, a woman would want to join me.

So right now, I am just feeling great and I will try to write here more often.

Aloha!

Hey everybody. It's been a while since I posted here. I should definitely post more often.

Since last time, I have made a second trip and traveling is now a very important thing for me. I didn't date any woman in the last year, didn't train either and I dont sleep my eight hours per night. I should do those things constantly but I dont know why I am not doing it.

I am also procrastinating a lot.

Latest posts

Back