Can't get into chat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coleus7

Reaction score
I am new here. I tried to register yesterday , I thought it worked , but when I click on main chat I don't get into chat.
Perhaps it is closed.?

Coleus

Hey Coleus, welcome to the forum. I believe the chat is still functioning well. You are directed to the page about the chat room, but there is a link there "ALL Chat Room", click it and it should bring you there. Good luck.

the chat makes no sense. theres 10 chats better than it... chatrango, 123 flash chat which as cam and mic options, 99chats.com like every applet in the world is better than xat, it simply doesnt work and makes no sense GUI-wise.

you actually have to log in on another page, then when i enter chat while succesfully confirmed logged in, nothign occurs due to having to be added by someone who cant add me.

what would be logical is when you click your name to change it, theres a spot for password to log in as your regged name. but that doesnt even exist. the GUI & whole thing is bizarre. thats why i would say get 123flashchat or chatrango.

This is a pretty good forum though.

I've never had success trying it with an iPad or iPhone- not really that bothered anyway, not much of a 'chat' guy....

tone303 said:
the chat makes no sense. theres 10 chats better than it... chatrango, 123 flash chat which as cam and mic options, 99chats.com like every applet in the world is better than xat, it simply doesnt work and makes no sense GUI-wise.

you actually have to log in on another page, then when i enter chat while succesfully confirmed logged in, nothign occurs due to having to be added by someone who cant add me.

what would be logical is when you click your name to change it, theres a spot for password to log in as your regged name. but that doesnt even exist. the GUI & whole thing is bizarre. thats why i would say get 123flashchat or chatrango.

This is a pretty good forum though.

If you need any help getting into chat I'll be glad to help.

Hopefully Bjarne is still considering an integrated chat solution. That said, we've used Xat for a few years and it takes most people only a couple of minutes to sign up. Once you're properly registered, a moderator will add you to the chat. We require users to create accounts because of previous trouble with trolls and imposters. It's pretty much the same as creating an account on any site. All you have to do to log in to the site is simply log in on the main page, xat.com. Imo, Chatango has quite an awful PM system, which is why I would not prefer it, plus you have to look at a list of people soliciting all sorts of unsavory chats :p As for 123 Flash Chat, purchasing a license would require a substantial amount of money, and is best left in the hands of the site owner. You can mention your suggestions in this following thread.
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=31368

- Chat Admin

WildernessWildChild said:
I've never had success trying it with an iPad or iPhone- not really that bothered anyway, not much of a 'chat' guy....

Me neither. Can't seem to access chat either with an iPad, but not too concerned.

The real issue is: why have an iPad when you can have a wonderful working android tablet?

The solution to using the chat on iPads is to go to the mobile version of xat.
It's m.xat.com. Then you log in with your information, and add the groupnumber which is 201137609.

(Also, xat likes to be difficult nowadays with not showing registered people. The key to solving this is by switching browsers. Sometimes they don't like to do it. If that doesn't work you should go to the login page of xat, and then paste the URL into the same tab you used to login. Sometimes that's the reason why it doesn't work - there's a few reasons why it doesn't work sometimes and it takes a while to figure it out if it doesn't work immediately... but we always try our best to get everyone in.)

HGwells said:
The real issue is: why have an iPad when you can have a wonderful working android tablet?

Don't be hating on my iPad. :club:

Latest posts

Back