Do you wish women would approach you first?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has happened for me 4 times in my life...every time it xaught me off guard and tongue-tied me for a few moments which made it awkward. But I dated all of those women lol so it was nice. I think its nice in general when people go for what they want, but I don't mind approaching myself

Women making it known to me that they fancy me has happened several times, and I have usually dated them afterwards. My two longest relationships and love of my life came about like this. Doesn’t happen now I’m older, fatter and uglier lol, I wish it would. Of course, I’d need to go outside my house for that to happen too.

wuku said:
Women making it known to me that they fancy me has happened several times, and I have usually dated them afterwards. My two longest relationships and love of my life came about like this. Doesn’t happen now I’m older, fatter and uglier lol, I wish it would. Of course, I’d need to go outside my house for that to happen too.

I drink to that, wuku.

Still happens to me on occasion. I figure those women are just insane. ;-)

wuku said:

Define what counts as flirting in those cases, because when women do it it seems to be this easily deniable thing, to see if you can read social cues and act on them with a high degree of self-confidence. Them being direct would make it too easy.

ardour said:
wuku said:

Define what counts as flirting in those cases, because when women do it it seems to be this easily deniable thing, to see if you can read social cues and act on them with a high degree of self-confidence.  Them being direct would make it too easy.

I used to be a postman, and one of the women there used to “throw my walk off”(sort it into a frame) before I got into work. I thought she was doing it because she was friendly, and she had done other people’s sometimes. It turned out she threw mine off because she fancied me, then threw another persons off in case it was too obvious to me lol. I would never have guessed, but then I don’t pick up on stuff very well. Eventually, she made it clearer, and other people had noticed how she was around me and said so, long before I worked it out. She ended up being the mother of my daughter.

Another woman was a customer on my walk(delivery route), and she used to make a point of talking to me, and confiding in me quite deeply. I never thought she fancied me, and I thought I had become a shoulder to cry on as she had a difficult life and a terrible husband. We became quite close over time. She also had to eventually make it clearer that she wanted to be with me, and left her husband for me, something she was going to do anyway, and did so before we got together properly. Unfortunately, we are now split up, but she became the love of my life.

I have also had women come up to me in clubs and just say outright that they fancied me, and were openly flirty. But that’s only happened a couple of times.

Flirting takes many forms, I have come to realise, and is not always overtly obvious or necessarily sexual. I may never have dated either of these women based on their actions, which doesn’t bear thinking about. But then I never pick up on things unless they are obvious, and quite often it’s just flirty banter with people in a friendly manner. I’m not a confident person, and wouldn’t make a move unless I was certain they liked me, which I guess is why they eventually made the first move.

There are literally so so so many postman/package delivery jokes I'd like to make right now.....
Seems like I've taken the wrong profession :p

MisterLonely said:
There are literally so so so many postman/package delivery jokes I'd like to make right now.....
Seems like I've taken the wrong profession :p

Lol, I’ve probably heard them!🙂

As for this thread by the way, I do wish women would approach me first, because I seem to be getting all the clues 3 hours later, when I'm back home alone and have that "honeysuckle, she liked me" moment.

MisterLonely said:
As for this thread by the way, I do wish women would approach me first, because I seem to be getting all the clues 3 hours later, when I'm back home alone and have that "honeysuckle, she liked me" moment.

In what context are you meeting these women? I'm asking because would you have been able to get their numbers or add them on social media for platonic purposes? Because then later when you realise that she dropped some hints, you could just drop her a message?

Well, goes to show you Clifford Clayven wasn't a correct stereotype;
seems it's always the mailman that gets all the action.
;-)

Brennabean said:
MisterLonely said:

In what context are you meeting these women? I'm asking because would you have been able to get their numbers or add them on social media for platonic purposes? Because then later when you realise that she dropped some hints, you could just drop her a message?

I don't ask for numbers, and I don't ask for to be friends on social media, these girls are 2 or 3 examples over a 22 year timespan, I was not open to ever being seen as a love interest, I didn't feel worthy so I didn't pick upon clues the few times I got them, maybe intentionally, maybe not.

TheRealCallie said:
Approaches Mister

:club:

Runs away.  :p

Hmmm, now drag me back to your cave!

I don't think it would make any difference in my case. My socks+sandals combo would ensure that.

Latest posts

Back