Lonely and depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsmack93

Reaction score
So I've been in the Military for about a year and a half and am about to deploy in two weeks. I've been dealing with depression my whole life, and dealt with a few personal hardships during my training.
I got sent to my first duty station about 8 months ago here in NC. Over the past few months, it seems my life has gone way downhill. I'm usually at work for 12 hours or more, and sometimes work 6-7 days a week. The few friends I did have when I arrived here seem to no longer care about me anymore as we have drifted apart because we have been so busy and work in different squadrans. I feel like I've lost almost all motivation to work out and stay fit. All I do now is go to work, go home, watch youtube, sleep, and do the exact same thing the next day, every day, not to mention there is nothing to do here in this part of NC. I have no family or outside connections here, they all live in CO and CA. I barely get to see my friends from highschool anymore because they're in CO and I'm all the way here in NC.
I feel like I've lost touch with reality. I sometimes regret joining the military because while I've learned some important life skills and am making money, I feel like it's put a huge damper on my social life, motivation, physical well-being, and I feel so hopeless for the future. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

I don't know the in's and out's of military life but if you are being deployed in 2 weeks, isn't that a huge change for you. Its almost like the answer you are looking for to get out of the rut you are in.

Latest posts

Back