Strange Happenings !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Bogey

Reaction score
This is a bit like the 'Ghosts' thread.
Anybody got any strange stories, things that happened that they can't explain. Deja Vue, coincidences ?

I have one. In November 2011 I got 'set up' to meet this woman by a friend. It was going to be my first date in 15 years. Of course I told people at work and everybody was thrilled and happy for me. They gave me advice about what to wear and one woman gave me some nice after shave. It was called 'Paul Smith' aftershave.

So I went on the date ( a meal) and enjoyed it. We began to see each other and it lasted 6 weeks. I found out at xmas that she was seeing another man and had lied to me about everything. Of course the other guys name was Paul Smith the same as the after shave I had got given for our first date !

lol - nice! :D
I mean, the story is really sad, of course. It's the coincidence that's making me laugh. I hope you don't mind.

daughter of the moon said:
lol - nice! :D
I mean, the story is really sad, of course. It's the coincidence that's making me laugh. I hope you don't mind.

no, course I don't mind. It is a funny story I guess. :)

I think it's strange that people "recognize" me. A number of people have been absolutely convinced that I'm someone else. It's happened to me in London, my hometown in New York and here in California.
I must have a evil twin that I haven't met yet :D

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I think it's strange that people "recognize" me. A number of people have been absolutely convinced that I'm someone else. It's happened to me in London, my hometown in New York and here in California.
I must have a evil twin that I haven't met yet :D

-Teresa

that is odd

I once met a man that was a total copy of one politician in my country, while being in another country.
And for the contrast, that man was selling sunflower seeds on the corner of a street in desolated part of a small town:D And just to add up, he had the same speech pattern as the politician. And to add up even more, he also felt asleep during his job, like our politician...
I keep wondering how much of a coincidence that was really.

But sorry for posting this I guess, its not really something that happened to me that should have been revealed. But it was interesting at least for me...

when I was 16 in Budapest I met my doppelgänger - she was working in a record shop, maybe a bit older than me, a bit thinner, but I remember I was looking at a glass pane and seeing my reflection in the glass and there was something odd about it, so I turn and she was completely identical to me!
She was also staring, I was a bit silly and had just watched this movie called the Double Life of Veronique where you have these two twins who must never meet otherwise something horrible will happen, and I run away. It would have been fun to know her.

You're the best, Peaches. You always have a funny story to tell :D

Mr.YellowCat said:
I once met a man that was a total copy of one politician in my country, while being in another country.
And for the contrast, that man was selling sunflower seeds on the corner of a street in desolated part of a small town:D And just to add up, he had the same speech pattern as the politician. And to add up even more, he also felt asleep during his job, like our politician...
I keep wondering how much of a coincidence that was really.

But sorry for posting this I guess, its not really something that happened to me that should have been revealed. But it was interesting at least for me...

no, it's a nice story to hear :)

Batman55 said:
You're the best, Peaches. You always have a funny story to tell :D

;) thanks :D it's a true story, though
you should check out the movie, quite weird, in a good way

Peaches said:
;) thanks :D it's a true story, though
you should check out the movie, quite weird, in a good way

I just might do so. I happen to enjoy some art-house films. :D

Latest posts

Back